Keep your stats now!

Head Guru

quoting lianna...

Here's the deal. Offering 3 distinct statistics packages with cPanel is really becoming a burden on our server loads and taking up a lot of space. We must whittle the choices to ONE. So, we're putting that vote into your hands.

Elimination of the losing two packages will happen on or about February 15.

Lianna

Tech Support Services

I've had AWStats on my Cpanel for about a week now (since they added it to Server 10) but it still hasn't loaded any data. It still says Never Updated at the top. I like the looks of the interface but would like to compare it to Webalizer with actual stats loaded. I had stats loaded into Webalizer (and Analog) less than 24 hours after getting my site up and running so that is an advantage I see over AWStats if it takes over a week to start loading data.

Erg...I clicked on "view results (null vote)" and it really did make me vote null...

My 2 cents:

AWStats is...busy...and it has no stats for years < 2003...and there's no link back to the cpanel... (that was obvious to me at 12:07 in the morn)...annoying after clicking on the different anchors...

Webalizer is nice and simple. (but the ftp stats don't work).

I like the pie graphs in the analog stats, and the quick numbers at the top.

Urchin stats just gives me an error page...hmm.

--Nate

I mentioned in another thread that I do have stats loaded in AWStats now but they didn't update automatically, but I changed a setting the the config file to have the option to update from the browser. That worked but I only got IP addresses in the visitors section so I changed the config file again to get reverse DNS. I love the looks of things with those settings.

The odd thing is when the system did an auto update my Webalizer and Analog stats updated but not the AWStats. To top it off, the config files I had changed in AWSTats were reset to the default values.

I definitely would prefer Webalizer over AWStats if AWStats will not have reverse DNS enabled. I like being able to see which countries and domains visit my site.