TCH-Dick

Forum Upgrade

We will be upgrading the forums to the latest version of IPB (tentively scheduled for tonight) There may be some downtime of the forums and I just wanted to let everyone know. If we dont get to it tonight it will be done in the next few days during off peak times (over night EST)

I'm sure there will be a lot of things that will need to be re "tweaked" once the upgrade is complete so thanks in advance for your patience and understanding :)

The main part of the forum upgrade has been completed.

We will be sorting out the customised template shortly, as Mike says, thanks in advance for your patience and understanding :)

Thanks, theres a few things not working that I'm trying to get going again. Let me know if you find anything else

so far I have

some smilies missing

clicking "quote" returns an error

fast reply not opening for some ppl

We are missing some smilies. :D

And when I was reading posts there was an extra set of links at the top of the first post that had three options. ??? [standard] linear

I clicked on linear and now the options are gone. How do you get them back? :)

If fast reply is not opening then you need to check your Board Settings under My Controls.

Mine isn't checked but I can click the Fast Reply button and it opens the Fast Reply box.

The links Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+ have shifted from the right to the left and are making the Topic title out of whack.

Edited by TCH-Dick

In My Controls it says I have messages in the Inbox and Outbox but none of them appear.

Well, looks like the new skin is not going to work, which I was afraid would happen. I'll be tweaking everything to get it back to the state it was in prior to switching to the new design a week or so ago.

Thanks, theres a few things not working that I'm trying to get going again. Let me know if you find anything else

so far I have

some smilies missing

clicking "quote" returns an error

fast reply not opening for some ppl

Well done Mike and everyone :)

However, I had huge problems logging in and was kept logged in as guest without being able to log out of it.

Well, looks like the new skin is not going to work, which I was afraid would happen. I'll be tweaking everything to get it back to the state it was in prior to switching to the new design a week or so ago.

What kind of problems Mike? Thought it was looking good.

Yep it looked fine to me too, just one thing to remember, the CSS and markup changed dramatically from IPB 2.x to 3.x perhaps that's whats causing the problems -- though I didn't notice any!

I see. I'm sure you will be glad when you get it all sorted out. It doesn't seem to remember which posts I've already read before now.

Not all, but some.

What happened to the order of these links at the top of the forum?

My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · 0 New Messages

I don't know how many times I've clicked on My Assistant thinking it was View New Posts. :)

They used to be

My Controls · 0 New Messages · View New Posts · My Assistant

Not complaining Mike, really. B)

Oh man, I just wanted to say this is the best looking theme for invision I've ever seen... Good work. Its extremely easy on the eyes.

I don't know how many times I've clicked on My Assistant thinking it was View New Posts.  :)

Same here! I thought it was just me! :lol:

I just noticed some of the buttons are still from the old IPB 1.3... :lol:

EDIT: In case you want to check the look of the 2.0 buttons, I have a clean install of IPB 2.0 here:

http://borfast.com/fct/

All posts are in Portuguese, so I'm affraid most of you won't be able to read it but you can still see the buttons :)

Edited by TCH-Raul

Thanks Raul, I didnt notice the mixture of buttom types. It's good to have lots of eyes looking at something like this, mine get worn out :)

It takes getting used to but I like it a lot. Great work, Mike! :)

This has some neat features I don't think the previous version had. You did a good job, it looks real nice.

:) <--- is that Super Mike?? :eek:

Mike - a request if I may please. Could you put the little page back that used to pop up when one clicks on View New Posts that had the link in case one was not forwarded? Half the time Firefox doesn't go through so it was very handy. :)

A minor error: the % of total forum posts is incorrect when viewing user profiles (in the active stats box and to the right of total cumulative posts).

Mike - a request if I may please.  Could you put the little page back that used to pop up when one clicks on View New Posts that had the link in case one was not forwarded?  Half the time Firefox doesn't go through so it was very handy. :P

I would if there was some way I could see to re add it. nothing in the set up menu says anything about it

A minor error: the % of total forum posts is incorrect when viewing user profiles (in the active stats box and to the right of total cumulative posts).

thats something you should mention to the people at IPB

IPB 2.0 == Fantastic.

That they pulled a SixApart and started charging on release day with (so far as I could tell) no indication that they were reneging on their "There'll always be the free version" beforehand == bad bad bad.

SFT *disgruntled @ IPS* :eek:

IPB 2.0 == Fantastic.

Except I was running a copy of the first IPB2 on my website as an archive for my forum before I switched to phpBB. As it was just an archive I never updated it and I believe it was IPB that was exploited the other day when someone used my site to run a DoS. They used 20GB of bandwidth in about an hour and at $2 for every GB over bandwidth on a 10 GB account I'm stuffed <_<