Totalchoice Support Rocks!

The following is a true account of what happens at TotalChoice when a server goes down...

Problem discovered at 8:35 AM:

Server27 is not responding to ping. I'm investigating this issue

It was determined to be a main hard drive failure:

The main drive is not ... booting. ... we are going to need to replace the main drive on this server.

But TotalChoice would not be conquered by a simple hardware failure. They had already been prepared for the situation by using a backup drive. They installed a new primary drive within half an hour of determining the problem.

The backup drive appears fine. Installing a new drive now.

As soon as they installed the drive, Bill gave us another update.

New drive is in. OS is being installed now.

Did they wait until the machine was up again to tell us what was happening? No. They kept us up to date every step of the way.

Working as fast as humanly possible ... Redhat is installed and cPanel is now installing.

They even gave us updates between steps.

cPanel is 75% done

Instead of putting the machine up right away, they made sure the new system was solid as a rock.

Now for all the security patches and updates

They kept us posted during this process as well...

Waiting for the newest kernel to finish compiling...

... and told us as soon as they were working on the restoration process.

Account restores are underway!

Again, frequent updates during this period reminded us that our websites were in good hands.

We have restored all "a" and "b" accounts and are working through the "c" accounts now.

They finished the whole job in less than 12 hours after noticing the problem.

All sites have been restored.

I'm not on Server 27 (I'm on 29) but I've been watching the "Server 27 issue" thread, and how you have given your customers detailed updates. It is really a picture of TCH's dedication to keeping its customers happy. From start to finish, you kept everyone posted every step of the way.

Maybe this is a "business secret" but could you possibly do an article on how you can keep a hosting company running so smoothly, and back up again so quickly when you have problems (even major hardware failures)? I'm not trying to start my own hosting company or anything, but it would be neat to see how you guys do it.

and as always... Rock Sign

This is why I send all my friends to TCH...for $4 per month I challange any Host to that sort of honesty and openness. A lot of the credit goes to the philosoply of TCH of treating a $4 client like a $5000 client....Service is what customers want and you get that here!!! Rock Sign

Should move this to the reviews forum. ;) After dealing with another SOE "upgrade" to EverQuest that probably broke the game for a third of its customers, it's wonderful to come here and see a company whose employees actually have integrity.

SOE's response? The usual - it's something wrong with your computer, not our game. :P

Yep, TCH's support level is indeed the best I've ever experienced from all the webhosting companies I've been with! That's why I'm not thinking about leaving even if I find lower priced hosting! Besides, we have a really great family, here and that counts a lot! :P

Oh, and I'm moving this to the reviews forum for better organization ;)

Edited by TCH-Raul

I, too, have to chime in here.

Out of all the webhosts I have used in the past, none has come even close to TCH's straightforward and forthright approach to dealing with customers. As was said above, I have seldom seen the level of honesty in ANY realm of customer support... from retail clothing to custom software.

The RELATIONSHIPS TCH strives to create are above and beyond the call of duty. Here, customers are not a number, or simply a source of income... they are a member of the Family.

As some have encountered, do wrong the Family and you will have to deall with us all!

Great work Bill, Mike, Andy and all the others in the Family!

• 3 weeks later...

Same was the care with the issue on server 30, all my sites were down, but i was able to see whats going on Step by step, and everything came back as it was earlier.

I think moving of server 30 to a new one was the longest down time since i've been here as a reseller.

Lastly, i could see each of staff going offline every hour or next, But Bill(Our HG)

Don't Beat for saying He's Our HEAD GURU and no other hosting company could be so caring, who was continuously online without even a single Short NAP.

Would HG mind telling us how many hours he was awake that day?

I always get inspired with his hard work and dedication.

Regards,

In the end, our customers are always the most important thing.

This is why Bill and TCH are so successful. I can only add my two cents and say that I love it here. Hands down, bar none, TCH provides the best service I've received in *ANY* industry in many years.

Same was the care with the issue on server 30, all my sites were down, but i was able to see whats going on Step by step, and everything came back as it was earlier.

I think moving of server 30 to a new one was the longest down time since i've been here as a reseller.

Lastly, i could see each of staff going offline every hour or next, But Bill(Our HG)

Don't Beat for saying He's Our HEAD GURU and no other hosting company could be so caring, who was continuously online without even a single Short NAP.

Would HG mind telling us how many hours he was awake that day?

I always get inspired with his hard work and dedication.

Regards,

Uptime is measured in Mt. Dew Cans. :)

I just cleaned my desk off and had 21 empty cans I had to throw away.

But in all honesty it was a 36 hour day for me.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Bill