Fantastico In Cpanel !

I logged into my cpanel just a few moments ago and I saw a link to Fantastico. I clicked on the link and found all these wonderful scripts I could install. I had a meeting to go out to so I was forced to log out of cPanel.

I just came back from my 45 minute meeting and logged back into my cpanel and the link to Fantastico is GONE! That's right 100% gone! I know im not loosing my mind, I swear it was there. But now its just not there.

Anyone else having this issue? Do we get Fantastico with our hosting plans? If not can we pay extra for it?

As far as I know, Fantastico is NOT included in any TCH accounts, and it is NOT an add-on option.

Maybe you saw it because they were upgrading your cPanel (as per Head Guru's previous comment about cPanel upgrades), and hadn't disabled it yet.

I wouldn't hold your breath for Fantastico. If it were to be provided by TCH, I'm sure you'd see an official announcement here in the forums.

:) Have a great day.

As I understand it, Fantastico's 'wonderful scripts' are frequently NOT the current versions. You are better to go directly to the individual web site to get the script you want - download and install the script yourself. This way you are sure of having the current version and thus the most current security fix for that particular script. I think this is why TCH thus far has refrained from offering Fantastico in cPanel.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong in this understanding.

Gail

Fantastico is brilliant, honest. But then cPanels never been upto date with the scripts it offers neither. I'm all for automatically installing scripts for people so long as it is the latest version and the client is informed that they must keep a check for updated versions.

I always say you can tell a really good host because they offer Lazarus as one of their free scripts :)

I don't see it on mine. Which server are you on?

On a different note I did notice that Advanced Guestbook is offered (booo) but AG has not been updated to work with PHP 4.4.1 which is what TC now uses (despite what it says on it's hosting pages where it lists it as PHP 4.3.10 still).

I have accounts on 4 servers, and its not available on any of my accounts.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Big Announcement due out next week...

Edited by abinidi
  • 2 weeks later...
I logged into my cpanel just a few moments ago and I saw a link to Fantastico. I clicked on the link and found all these wonderful scripts I could install. I had a meeting to go out to so I was forced to log out of cPanel.

I just came back from my 45 minute meeting and logged back into my cpanel and the link to Fantastico is GONE! That's right 100% gone! I know im not loosing my mind, I swear it was there. But now its just not there.

Anyone else having this issue? Do we get Fantastico with our hosting plans? If not can we pay extra for it?

You don't have to pay extra and sorry for torturing you like that :naughty:

We are now providing Fantastico On All Accounts!

• 4 weeks later...

My account on server 76 has cPanel X and Fantastico.

My account on server 53 has cPanel and NO Fantastico.

The cPanel interfaces on the two servers are different and, at least one menu item (Fantastico) doesn't exist on the older (I assume older) interface on server 53.

Should I be patient and assume server 53 will be "upgraded" or should I bug the help desk again with a trouble ticket? :)

On Server 29, Fantastico is giving some PHP line error. I just saw this the other day. I clicked and got some PHP error. Let me know if you want me to get the exact error.

It looks cool!

Nat, you should open a help ticket when you see one of those errors

so the techs can see the errors

OK Don, I will do that when I am up tomorrow.

Looks really fantastico tho!

Nat