Head Guru Wants New Toy

Head Guru

Nice! I'd like to have one myself but I would't put it to good use, since I only have one cable connection...

I could always try to convince my parents that an extra DSL connection was really not too much... and then I'd get one of those for me... :D :D

It would be nice at home, but when you have a gigabit linkup at work, its pales in comparision. :blink:

My parents are still learning the delicate art of emailing and surfing simple sites on the ADSL connection we have, i think it will be some time before they really start needing a 3mb connection!

Nice though!

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

HG, I have seen them in a software form and I am pretty sure it was called Turbo as well, and it didn;t work for me. My buddy and I tried to get it to work for weeks to no avail. (the software version)

It would be great if this worked.

• 3 weeks later...

I had one like this way back when that would duplex multiple phone lines, before we got a T-1 at my old job. That was great, but the ISP eventually caught on and instituted a "one connection per customer at a time" policy. Had to get a second and third account, but it was worth it to download things like beta software and service packs from Microsoft.

Unless you have lots of $$$ to burn, I can't see as how it would be worthwhile to multiplex a DSL or cable connection. Most of any slowness I experience with my cable modem, I figure it's due to what's going on on the OTHER end.

You can configure a cheap Linux box to do the same sort of thing using iproute2.

I have two DSL lines at home and use the Linux box to set up routes out both lines. (I haven't got something I like yet; since, the second line isn't stable yet

and it keeps dropping. When it is stable, I'll have a routing config I can post.)