jmfrey

Cpanel Alternate Port

I am finding a problem where I am working in different locations (hotspots, libraries, client sites, etc) that are blocking access to the cpanel port - 2083. Of course, they are not blocking it specifically, but are only allowing specific ports - 80, 443, 25, 110, etc....

Is there an alternate port that could be used that might be more commonly open from different areas?

That looks like something that could be really usefull! Thanks, Mark! :)

That looks like something that could be really usefull! Thanks, Mark! :goof:

borfast, I chose to ask directly to you because since you're from Portugal, we can always use Portuguese to solve communication... :D

Did this cpanelproxy script work correctly? I followed all directions listed in the Readme file. But, when I type cpanel.my-domain.com, it still tries to open my-domain.com:2082...

Can you help me?

Edited by JLCarneiro

Oops! My first post and it was a false alarm! :goof:

Disregard this last post! I made it work. It should be something about permissions or the like. I just changed them (+x to panelproxy.php) and now it works nicely!

Thanks! :D

Glad you were able to solve your problem and welcome to the forums JLCarneiro :goof:

Sometimes you just need to post and the answer will come to you. Such is the magic of the TCH forums.

Welcome. :goof:

Welcome to the forums! I'd welcome you in Português, but English is the official language of the TCH forums. I'd get a kick from the moderators if I were to slip and say Bem Vindo instead of the standard Welcome. So I won't. :goof:

But Welcome anyway!!

Edited by abinidi

Someone needs to delete/update/disable this thread as I just spent two hours trying to make this work only to find out that cpanel proxies are no longer allowed at TCH.

Well the thread is almost 2 years old. Security policies change often.

With that, the thread is closed.