A Couple Of Questions

1. How do I set up right-click protection so that people can't copy and paste from my site?

2. I don't know what this is called - you know how some people have it fixed so that when they move their mouse, things move across the page with the curser? First, what is it called and second, how do you do it?

I'd recommend not putting a no right-click script like that on your webpage if you actually think that it'll prevent people from taking your images / text / whatever else.

It won't work if someone is determined.

1. How do I set up right-click protection so that people can't copy and paste from my site?

2. I don't know what this is called - you know how some people have it fixed so that when they move their mouse, things move across the page with the curser? First, what is it called and second, how do you do it?

1. Don't waste your time it. It only takes a few seconds to get around it.

2. Google mouse trails

The right-click, as Dick said, it easily defeated. You'd be better off putting a watermark on each image.

The mouse trails, in my personal opinion, take away from the presentation of the data on your site. It's pretty cool, but it's very distracting (to me anyway :P).

Hello,

As TCH-Don has shown above, watermarking is the way to do it. Right click is easily avoided.

With regard to moving mouse trails, I would stay away from them, sometimes they can be more trouble then they are worth.

However, its your website and you can do just about anything you want with it!

JimE

Aww, come on guys. It's for her kid's website! It's supposed to be fun! Live a little and let some silliness in once in awhile!

{I'm just funnin you guys. :)}

Mouse trails are terrible for a serious site but for a kids site they can be fun. Annoying to adults? Of course. Fun for kids? Probably.

Give the link Dick gave you a try and if you have any problems just stop back and we'll see what we can do to help.

Apologies Mae, I did not realise this website was to be for kids.

As TCH-Jim says above, for kids, they are very cool, along with many other things you can do on a kids site.

Give that link a try and if you do have problems, do get back to us.

JimE

Right click does not work on Firefox.

That's only true, usually, if you have JavaScript turned off. Works for me, but I have it on :lol:

What is "water marking"? How do you do it?

I was only thinking of putting the "mouse trails" (now I know what they are called) on my kid's pages...they like that kind of stuff.

Water marking is a method of identifying music by imbedding an ownership code within a recording. These watermark programs can also transmit information about the consumer.

As pertaining to an image, look at the picture of the cat in Dons post above. See the domain name in the image? That is a watermark. Similar to what you see on money and checks and whatnot when you hold it to the light at an angle.