TCH-Rob

Another Reason To Upgrade To Thunderbird 1.5

Mozilla Thunderbird is prone to a file attachment spoofing vulnerability.

Successful exploitation may allow attackers to place malicious files on a user's computer by tricking users into saving seemingly safe attachments. If the user subsequently opens the file, this vulnerability may facilitate arbitrary code execution in the context of the user.

Thunderbird versions prior to 1.5 are affected.

Thanks Rob!

I upgraded mine as soon as it was released so I'm safe. :)

Same here, thanks. It really is a nice email client.

I have it installed, but mostly I've just been using Gmail. For whatever reason I can't connect to Gmail from work. (My other SMTP connections work fine. Just Gmail's seems to be blocked.) So I've WANTED to switch to Thunderbird, but don't because since I can't get my Gmail to work, I've just been using Gmail as my only client.

But then again, now I have high-speed at home (just upgraded to DSL a couple of weeks ago). Maybe its time to start getting emails at home through Thunderbird. (Or The Bat!)...

Another reason to use the bat!

:)

Yep, the bat! is the way to go.

I like free but would rather pay for something that works better.

I hadn't heard of THE BAT before, so I went to their site to find out about it. I went to their "reviews" section. I thought it was funny that their first review advertised from their site gave it a 2 out of 5.

I personally was a huge advocate for the use of Thunderbird until the day I broke down and purchased the bat

So far there is very little I dislike about the bat. ;)

Ok, Sorry if this is taking us off of the thunderbird topic (and sorry if I am a little thick), but tell me about the bat.

What am I missing out on?

I have read a bit, but I guess I am not understanding what the benefits are. I see that it cuts down on spam. Is it just super good at it or something?