Opera Browser

Head Guru

I just downloaded it and side by side with Firefox on the same machine it seems to be equal or a bit slower. They're about the same on startup for me but on a page with lots of pictures after clearing the cache FF took 5 seconds and Opera 8.

There are probably aspects of each that is faster than the other but I don't think it's a big enough change by itself to consider changing. Of course, there are many features each of them have so everyone has to make their decisions for themselves.

I still love maxthon and have not found one product that can come close to match its features.

Although it uses the IE engine, I think its the best browser available.

http://www.maxthon.com/en/index.htm

OK, I'll try Maxthon next :tchrocks: Opera, the free version, seems as fast as Firefox but has too many features for me. I also could not get it to load Totalchoice's front page correctly. The top banner pop-ups were not available and the Links at the top right of the page were missing. Heck, for some reason IE will not load any of that.

--

Santolina

I use Opera for testing purposes. It seems to do some things by the standards (like Firefox) and some things not (like IE), so there are times when I make a page that displays perfectly in IE and FF and fails in Opera.

Speed-wise it seems to take the usual amount of time to load up. Then it's maybe a little faster loading pages than IE, but not appreciably faster than FF.

I think I have to try Maxthon now.

Bill,

What features of Maxthon can't you replicate in Firefox? I'm curious because I hear the statement fairly often but no one has ever told me exactly what they are.

I hate opera :pissed:

Last few times I tried it, when ever I had entered a url in the adress bar and pressed enter, my internet connection went down. I reboot and tries again, internet connection goes down. New reboot, this time I try same url with either I.E or Firefox and it works. Then trying same url with opera and connection goes down.

May be coincidence or may not, but I think that with so many tries, it is not a coincidence.

Opera... :no2:

Opera makes hash out of Cafe Press pages so I quit testing with it. Anybody know how to get Firefox to work with Java intensive pages? I keep getting messages telling me to *click here to get the plugin*, but when I click nothing ever happens.

Hi Sheila! Is that Teddy or Kate? :w00t: