sodbayar

Well, it is much easier to just delete the ones that you don't need thru an FTP client. But it sounds more like you really do just want to start over? Like brand new? Help desk can do that for you.

By the way, since most everyone here reads all posts in all groups, there really is no need to start multiple topics for your problems. As a matter of fact, it can become quite confusing. Pick a place that best matches your problem and just follow through on that one topic, even if you ask multiple questions.

Lianna

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having problems uploading a photo to use as an avatar. I tried using the upload button and it failed. I am using one linked to my website so that feature works but not the upload. I experimented a little on my own board and had to change permissions on the upload directory to allow writing to it so that avatars would upload. Perhaps that is the problem here.

I checked again this morning and still can't upload an avatar. I get the following message:

Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

I know on my board I had to set the permissions to 777 on the Upload directory.

Current board settings:

Allow the use of avatars? Yes

Allowed image extensions

Seperate with comma (gif,png,jpeg) etc

Allow users to use remote URL avatars? Yes

Max. file size for avatar uploads? (K) 20

Maximum avatar dimensions 120x120

(WIDTHxHEIGHT)

Default sizes for gallery avatars 64x64

All that tells me that it should be working!....but it ain't.

I guess one of the guys is gonna have to look into the permissions thing on the folder. Probably the right answer, but I don't have access to it.

Lianna

Looks like about the same set up I have on my boards. I looked over at the InVision site forum and one of the messages there mentioned setting the permissions of the uploads directory to 777 in order to allow writing to it so that is probably the problem. I think mine defaulted to 755 when I installed and I couldn't upload to it until I changed it.

In any event, I enjoy the board and have enjoyed playing with getting my site transferred over and playing with some new things. It is bitterly cold here in Greenville, at least for us. I teach math at a High School here and we had classes cancelled last Friday, yesterday, and today so I've had plenty of time to play. I set up some online quizzes for my students and played with PhpNuke to see how it works.

Great service...keep up the good work!

Oops...I tried to upload the wrong file and it was too big but then I tried another .gif file that meets the criteria and it failed. The error message was the same as before-- Upload failed. Guess I'll have to keep using this Tampa Bay avatar a little longer. :D

Yeah, I don't think it has anything to do with the Admin panel. I played around with my board today and was able to replicate the problem on there when I set my permissions on the "upload" directory to 755. That directory has to have write permissions for all so has to be set at 777.

• 2 weeks later...