cuco

Google Page Submit

Hi guys, I submitted my page Empresas Milanes over a week ago. How long does it take to be available on google. Or did I make something wrong? How does this work.

Thanks,

cuco

From google.com/addurl.html:

We add and update new sites to our index each time we crawl the web, and we invite you to submit your URL here. We do not add all submitted URLs to our index, and we cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear.

So its not even sure they will index your site even if the chance they do is much much bigger in my own personal opinion.

Also, moving for organization.

Edit: I entered wrong url to the google page, its corrected now.

Edited by TCH-Thomas

From google.com/addurl.html:
We add and update new sites to our index each time we crawl the web, and we invite you to submit your URL here. We do not add all submitted URLs to our index, and we cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear.

So its not even sure they will index your site even if the chance they do is much much bigger in my own personal opinion.

Also, moving for organization.

Edit: I entered wrong url to the google page, its corrected now.

Just want to know how you removed the wrong url or corrected the url.

I would like to remove a wrong url, which caused by a typo, submitted to search engines.

Your help will be appreciated.

Hi and Welcome to your extended family ilsy :)

I assume you submitted to the search engines through the function in your cpanel?

As far as I know there is no way to undo it through cpanel. You will have to go to each search engine and check if they have a function for that locally on their own site.

However, I have heard that using the cpanel-submitter is not very good. Instead you should go to each and submit one by one.

Hope this helps.

Hi and Welcome to your extended family ilsy :)

I assume you submitted to the search engines through the function in your cpanel?

As far as I know there is no way to undo it through cpanel. You will have to go to each search engine and check if they have a function for that locally on their own site.

However, I have heard that using the cpanel-submitter is not very good. Instead you should go to each and submit one by one.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes. Your right. At this moment, I just want to know how to remove the wrong url from google. Since you have done it, please give me some advice.

Thanks,

Welcome to the family, Ilsy!

If your site is brand new then it may be awhile to get onto Google. I was just reading an article in an expert SEO forum that was saying that of all the people they work with, it is taking around 6 months for new sites to show up in Google.

As far as promotion, there are several articles in the forums here and never forget, Google's not the only game in town and search engines are not the only way to advertise.

:lol: Welcome to the Family Ilsy :D

and your new home!

We really are like family here.

So if you need anything,

just ask your new family!

We love to help :)

Sorry Ilsy, but you are missunderstanding me.

What I ment with "Edit: I entered wrong url to the google page, its corrected now." in my original post in this thread was that I had entered the wrong url in that post not that I had submitted a wrong url to google.

Apart from that, you should go to the page that Rob refers too. :)

http://www.google.com/remove.html#change_url

Since Google's crawler associates the content of a page with its URL, there is no way to manually change the URL that is displayed for your website. The URL will be updated the next time we crawl your site. The crawler revisits each site according to an automatic schedule, and we cannot manually accelerate the date on which your site will be recrawled.

If the URL of your website has changed since we last crawled it, you may use the URL submission form and the URL removal methods described below. However, the URL submission form does not take effect immediately, so using the URL removal feature may leave your website inaccessible from Google until we crawl your site again.

Instead of requesting a change from Google, we recommend that you ask the sites currently linked to your old site to update their links (to point to your new site). Also, don't forget to change any entries you may have in the Yahoo! directory and the Open Directory. Finally, if your old URLs redirect to your new site using HTTP 301 (permanent) redirects, our crawler will know to use the new URL. Changes made in this way will take 6-8 weeks to be reflected in Google.

http://www.google.com/remove.html#change_url
Since Google's crawler associates the content of a page with its URL, there is no way to manually change the URL that is displayed for your website. The URL will be updated the next time we crawl your site. The crawler revisits each site according to an automatic schedule, and we cannot manually accelerate the date on which your site will be recrawled.

If the URL of your website has changed since we last crawled it, you may use the URL submission form and the URL removal methods described below. However, the URL submission form does not take effect immediately, so using the URL removal feature may leave your website inaccessible from Google until we crawl your site again.

Instead of requesting a change from Google, we recommend that you ask the sites currently linked to your old site to update their links (to point to your new site). Also, don't forget to change any entries you may have in the Yahoo! directory and the Open Directory. Finally, if your old URLs redirect to your new site using HTTP 301 (permanent) redirects, our crawler will know to use the new URL. Changes made in this way will take 6-8 weeks to be reflected in Google.

Thanks for all of you!

With so many welcomes and responses, I do feel I am a member in a big family.

After I submitted a wrong url without corresponding site to search engines, my clients got the wrong url as their search results from google. When they click the url listed in the search results, the page can't be displayed because there is no web site associated with the url. I just hope the url will be deleted the next time google trying to use the url to crawl the non-existing site.

I have visited google remove url page. In my understanding, the removal only applies to an url which has a web site.

I am not sure if I am right or not.

Thanks,