If Tch Was A Person, I'd Marry It.

Iki

Been on the web a few years, with the usual horror stories. The first host I used charged $69 for two years, but $99 for 10 email accounts. Everytime you needed something it was another $50. CGI-BIN? $50. An extra 20mg storage over the stingy 25mg that came with the package? $50. Tech support? $50 a year. But we spent the money because we didn't know any better. Their help ticket system was a joke - it would take days to hear back and even then you didn't get an answer.

Eventually left them and went to another (in)famous hosting company that was good for two weeks and then they got bought or sold and disappeared. There are entire web sites devoted to how bad this company sucked. I only wish I'd have found those before I signed up.

Then I decided I'd had enough of the big companies who shuffle customers and couldn't care less about satisfaction or support. I went to the internet equivalent of Two Men and a Truck - what I like to call Two Guys and a Couple Servers. This was ok as long as you know what you're doing because there was next to no technical support, since both of these guy had "real" jobs. It cost 3 times what TCH starter package costs, and was mostly less than a quarter of the services and features.

A few months ago, I decided to move because the servers were going down at least once a week. Having learned my lesson, I did some web research first. I looked at who was hosting my friend's sites. I did web searches. I read the support forums of the software I was using to see what hosts those users recommended. I ended up here. But I didn't sign up right away because I'd been burned before. What I did was research. I read TCH's site in its entirety. Even the parts that I didn't think applied to me. Then I signed up for these forums and poked around in here. I wasn't looking for message volume or even actual content, I was looking to see what the response times were, who was responding, whether problems got fixed and trying to get a feeling of the users and staff. I read the pre-sales stuff to make sure TCH provided services I needed.

I was leary, but I was also sick of my current host's outages and no support and no news or apologies or communications at all. So I signed up. On a Sunday. At 5:29pm. Because I work nights and usually I can't get anything from anyone at night or on the weekend, I didn't expect to hear back for at least the 24-48 hours. But it didn't take that long - it took exactly 29 minutes. That's right. At 5:58pm I had my welcome email and was all set. Dig that? On a Sunday.

My second hosting account took a little longer: All of 59 minutes, on a Saturday night.

My third hosting account, on a Monday noonish, took 7 minutes between signup and welcome email.

Because of my bad past experiences, I've got a longstanding habit of making myself crazy trying to figure out my own hosting problems. I don't like to submit tickets because with my past hosts they've rarely been answered. With TCH, I don't feel that way any longer. I've put in a few support tickets and never waited longer than an hour for a response. The fastest was 4 minutes.

These forums are also an invaluable tool. For the 3 support tickets I've submitted, I've used the forums to solve at least a dozen other questions/problems I was having. Heck - I've used these forums to solve problems that have nothing to do with my hosting service. When I pick up a new piece of web software to try, the TCH forums are my first stop for information and support. I come here BEFORE I use the actual software's support forums.

Bizarrely, every host I've used until now was on Plesk based servers. I've got to say that cPanel is a freaking revelation. Thumbs Up

I'd highly recommend TCH to anyone who asks. The experience has been so positive, they've restored my faith in the whole business.

In closing, I love you. Rock Sign

It always amazes me how for $4 US per month you can get so much!!!

I too had the hosting woes and have been a TCH customer since Sept '03. Yes the support is EXCELLENT and these forums are awesome for answering questions and general info too. I wish I had found TCH before spending those hundreds of dollars on crappy hosting.

I'll just add that the owner of TCH REALLY cares about this company and it definitely shows.

WELCOME Iki to the TCH family Thumbs Up

youneverknow

Thanks for the welcomes! :)

Yeah, I waited a while to write a review because I kept walking around waiting for that other shoe to fall... there's no way it could possibly be this good. I figured, the minute I said something good, the sky would fall.

(looks up)

Nope. Still there. :)

You know what I found most amazing? That stuff actually works the way it's supposed to. And that's a pretty sad commentary about my past experiences. :)

Love it here. LOVE IT! :heart :heart :heart

Welcome to your new home and thanks for the great review. Now to get the other 3,384,738 users on bad hosts to come over. ;)

I must say though, by the title of your thread I'd guess you don't get out much do you? :)

Have fun and let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Good grief, thank the stars you found us - sounds like just in time! Well, you're here now and this is the best place to land after all you've been through! Welcome to the TCH family affair. Glad to have you join us. Thumbs Up

Thanks, all!

Of course I'd marry TCH. Their response times are WAY faster than my ex-husband's ever were. woooot

Get out much? What is this "out" place you speak of? Heh heh.

Before I'd moved my third site over, I'd been here on the other two for a few weeks when I got that phone call. You know the one - "Hey Webmistress, the site is down again."

I'd completely forgotten what that was like because I'd moved my personal site first and hadn't had any problems at all since. I was feeling all warm and fuzzy then - and productive, since I'd been able to work on my site whenever I wanted without worrying that the server would go all wonky in the middle of a project.

Super-cool. Rock Sign