Ie Not The Only One

Madmanmcp

I knew sooner or later someone would counter my "attacks" on IE :D

I also knew that he/she would fail when trying to do it, because IE is not updated at the same pace other browsers are. Yes, other browsers also suffer from vulnerabilities but when these are disclosed, the browser makers already have updated their software while MS leaves IE unpatched for months even after knwing about the vulnerabilities ;)

Sorry, Bob, you'll have to dig deeper ;)

I wouldnt call pointing out a seriously flawed piece of software bashing. I actually like microsoft for the most part, but I HATE IE.

The reason MS catches so much flack is because they KNOW about a vulnerability and dont do anything about it for months!! Thats not something that will go away if you ignore it long enough.

LOL @ Robert

But yes, I also agree with Mike. And I also want to add that I never intended to bash anything. I know this may sound stupid, like "yeah, if you don't want to bash IE/MS then why do you keep posting these things?".

Well, I'm just talking about the things I don't like about IE/MS. I hate almost everything in IE, except the fact that it started a bit faster than Mozilla. About MS, I just hate their way of doing business, the way they treat security flaws in their products and the way they fight their competitors. On the other hand, I love their ardware. MS makes some of the best computer hardware I ever used.

I'm not the typical "MS should disappear" or "Bill Gates is Evil" kind of guy, I also have bad things to say about Linux, even though I love it and use it as my main OS and support the Free software philosophy.

I'm just a user who wants to use the software that will bring him the smallest possible ammount of worries :angry:

Edited by TCH-Raul

This post was not a "bash" or an "attack". It was simply to "educate" the users of this forum that there are problems with other browsers and IE is not alone.

If someone read the article and learned something from it then I did not "fail" with my post.

Bob, I know you didn't mean to "attack" anything but you have to keep in mind that all those comments about IE security flaws would never arise if MS would patch it's browser in a more timely fashion.

If they do a bad service to their users, by leaving them unprotected for months and months, I think it's normal people comment it - even more, if you take into account the absurd number of vulnerabilities that are constantly being found in their products (especially IE).

Maybe Micro$oft should hire some good Russian Hackers. You would think that a company this huge would be able to foresee the exploits that their fat code leaves it open to all these exploits...as more and more people wander away from IE and use browsers that are more user friendly and practical....M$ is looising credibility...their Office suites are also prone to exploits...

youneverknow

Raul, I haven't commented or disagreed with any of your points.

My feeling is that no browser is 100% secure, moving away from IE will not save the world and stop the hackers from writing exploits. As soon as the usage for other browsers surpasses IE, the tide will shift. The hackers will write for whatever browser has the most people using it so they can affect the most people.

Yes, I agree Bob.

But the hackers will also write for the browser that is more easily exploited, and that's IE, I have no doubts about that.

I also have no doubts that, although obviously not perfect, an open source browser like Mozilla will always be a bit safer than a closed alternative, because holes are discovered faster and patched even faster. It will then be up to the users to keep their systems updated, as Rob and I mentioned on another thread.

I'm not saying that other browsers will not have security holes, I'm just saying that when a security hole is found, it will be easier to exploit that hole on IE because the hole stays open much longer than with other browsers.