PHPBB vs. Invision

Lebleu

I noticed a few forums who actually converted from phpbb to invision because they said it was more customizable now that i read this have second thoughts about my phpbb forums. I was wondering what are the main differences between the 2 and how hard is it to convert. Secondly where would i get the software from

I can't speak to all the differences between the two boards. I looked at Invision first and liked it so that's what I am using. Both are well supported and free so the best bet is to try them both out and see which you prefer. You can get a copy of Invision at http://www.invisionboard.com/ (I got the link from the bottom of this page.)

I found Invision to be easy to set up and it is easy to maintain. There aren't as many skins (or themes) as there are for PhpBB but there are some. Have fun.

thanks that helps cuz i wanted to make sure they easy to install. But still can anyone answer differences like i heard invision u can customizre more. And one forum i saw had a home page where u can see the top 10 posters and the latest threads. Is that a mod or comes with invision

well i looked at it its a shame the screenshots dont cover a whole page and the demo doesnt let u see the admin. The boards i went to showed on the homepage most recent topics, top users, and all this other stuff. Is that all moderating or that comes with invision, if its moderating i think ill stick with phpbb not much difference

All the info you see on the front page of the Invision Board is generated by the program itself. Top Posters, most recent posts, etc. are all updated automatically. As for which is best, it's a bit like arguing over Coke or Pepsi. It boils down to a matter of personal perference. Since both are free I installed both and played with them to decide.