Defining Multiple Multi-recipient Forward Email Addresses

:naughty: I am the postmaster (in addition to other roles) of a domain being hosted at TCH. I have just received an interesting request that I am finding to be frustratingly hard to perform. :dance:

Basically I am asked to create 20 role-type email addresses, each of which will forward incoming messages to 5 to 10 addresses (as well as a broadcast address that will initially forward to the 20 addresses for each to then forward to their forward list). I am being frustrated in this goal due to the forward interface only accepting one forward-to address per request (although multiple single address requests will add addition addresses to the forward-from address). I would like to request the interface be fixed/revised to either accept multiple comma delineated addresses or that a TEXTAREA type entry such as is offered by the Mailing list Multiple Subscribe interface be implemented.

Speaking of Mailing Lists, I realize that this forwarding capability can be handled by defining a mailing list for each role-address (which would thus allow me to define all the forward-to addresses for a forward-from address in one request) except for one GOTCHA. I can find no way via the mailing list definition menus to define the mailing list as open to accepting and forwarding mail from non-subscribers automatically. A flag that says to moderate (and thus need to me manually approve messages from non-subscribers is NOT acceptable. I want all mail to the role-address to get immediately forwarded just as if the address was a forward-type address instead of a mailing list address. If I can be helped to set up such lists, this will satisfy my needs (IOW: It does not need to be done via Email Forwarding).

Is there any solution to my problem (or a hope that the forward definition interface could be upgraded to accept multiple addresses per request) or is my only option to define each forward as a separate request to the definition interface?

Thank you.

You can use Mailman to do what you want. There is an option toward the bottom of the Sender Filters page (under Privacy Options) that says "Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit action is defined." Just set this to Accept and all mail sent to the list address will be immediately delivered to the recipients.

PK

As you have discovered the cPanel interface is cumbersome to create multiple forwards but it is also not under the control of TCH to make changes to it. That would be up to the folks at cPanel.

As PK has suggested a mailing list software package may be a better option.

As you have discovered the cPanel interface is cumbersome to create multiple forwards but it is also not under the control of TCH to make changes to it. That would be up to the folks at cPanel.

As PK has suggested a mailing list software package may be a better option.

Thank you. If possible can you pass on my comment and suggestion to the cPanel developers (or should I do this myself via their web site)?

As to my immediate needs, I am happy to use a mailing list (as I stated in my query it is a "better" method) now that I have been pointed to the "auto accept all non-subscriber messages" flag. I will look at the interface later. :angry: