All My Websites Are Blocked

Hi All,

I have the WEIRDEST problem that is giving me a heart attack!

Last night at around 11:30pm I noticed that my email was not being sent. I went to bed figuring it was some server issue (not TCH). Well after logging on today and no emails being sent and seeing all my websites "down" (server time out) I got on the case with my support. They say they can see the sites fine. I can see nothing!

My boyfriend went to the studio and checked from that computer, and he can see all sites fine.

We have 4 computers in the house and none of them can pull up any of our sites and we can't send Outlook email from the accounts we have.

Could the router have glitched and blocked that IP address that all our sites are connected to? I've never had anything like this happen. I can see all other websites fine and I can send and receive ISP email (comcast) just fine. But I can not send any domain email or see any of our sites.

What could be the problem?

I can access all of the four sites you sent me links too. So the issue could be a routing issue.

Have you tried rebooting your router?

Move your sites back to TCH and leave your connection problems behind. ;)

It's very possible your hosting provider's server auto-blocked you based on whatever security measures they have installed. You should ask their support to check if your IP is blocked on their server.

I can access all of the four sites you sent me links too. So the issue could be a routing issue.

Have you tried rebooting your router?

Move your sites back to TCH and leave your connection problems behind. ;)

I have never re-booted the router. Jeremy always does that. I have no idea how to do it. It's a Linksys router.

Yes I wish I could move back. We are considering it actually. I'll have to talk to Bill about putting together a special package because the Reseller ones that are available now don't have the space and Transfer of the other place. But I'm tired of this crap. Jeremy and I are discussing it all now.

It is pretty hard for us to help you since your not hosted with TCH anymore.

You should contact your hosting company and present to them the same questions you are asking us ;)

Good luck!

It is pretty hard for us to help you since your not hosted with TCH anymore.

You should contact your hosting company and present to them the same questions you are asking us ;)

Yup, you are right. I did this and they suck. So I think I'm gonna put my foot down and have a serious tete a tete with Jeremy about all this junk. Failover hosting my fanny!

Ugh....

Thanks Bill.

From what your original posts describes it just simply sounds like your webhost has blocked your IP for what it percieved as abuse. I have seen this happen more times than I can count.

From what your original posts describes it just simply sounds like your webhost has blocked your IP for what it percieved as abuse. I have seen this happen more times than I can count.

Indeed. I got banned from my server at TCH a while back because of too many failed FTP connection attempts. I thought it must be a routing issue until I got home and could connect from my same laptop, but using my home wireless. Then the next day, back at work, I couldn't connect. A quick ticket to the help desk, and they reset my account, and everything was peachy again.

I appreciated the security, as it keeps all other users on a shared server safe. :yes: