Heard Of Bianca Ryan?

phatfunkjazz

Okay, forgive me...I know most of us have better things to do than watch videos of television shows, but I just ran across a pretty amazing performance by a contestant on some new show. Her name is Bianca Ryan.

dailymotion.com/tag/funny/video/316799

I liked it. As a musician, I have to say that it's good to see young people with real talent (that know it).

Stefan

That name rings a bell for some reason. A few weeks ago, I was doing some channel surfing on the hotel TV and came across a program in DC that had a young girl, 14 if I remember right, that had a beautiful voice! I don't remember the name, but she was very talented. Sang the oldies such as those from the Big Band era and did it quite well.

OH MY!!, OH MY!!, and here I'm sitting here with no speaker hook up :eek: :(

Will have my computer back to normal in about 6 days, having my living room painted and new carpet put in, so all I have hooked to my computer now is the printer. Speakers are put away, where I can't get at them easily.

And she (sounds) so fantastic. :)

Thanks for the link phatfunkjazz, I have it in my 'Favorites' and going to share it with others. :D

• 1 year later...

Wow she is awesome! What feeling and intonation for an 11 year old.

GOOSEBUMPLES!

Only thing that made me mad was the judge telling her to re-do her hair, shoes and dress. That's the problem with "entertainment" these days. WAY too much emphasis on appearance. That girl can SANG, and THAT is what should matter most.

Edited by webgyrl

I agree, a great voice.

Another one I liked, from Britain's got Talent .... a 6 year old .... youtube.com/watch?v=MndLRdPsuJE talk about talent at that age - if she continues to develop she will be some singer

If you want a rather older amazing voice .... a mobile phone salesman .... youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA just look at the judges faces at the beginning when he says he's going to sing opera :) He was the one who beat 6 year old Connie in the final.

Okay, seeing as how this thread is active again, please check out this 15-year old Filipina, Charice Pempengco. She's been singing and appearing on contest television show in the Philippines and Korea since the age of seven. She's very experienced in that realm. But here's a sweet performance from the Ellen Degeneres Show; she really digs into the lower part of her vocal range (where she's not singing so hard):

youtube.com/watch?v=43ILRhSWxak&feature=related

Here's another one where she's younger, appearing on a Korean television show; these shows are huge in Asian countries:

youtube.com/watch?v=WZccz5cy3ks&feature=related

I love watching the judges respond to her performance.

Stefan

I agree, a great voice.

Another one I liked, from Britain's got Talent .... a 6 year old .... youtube.com/watch?v=MndLRdPsuJE talk about talent at that age - if she continues to develop she will be some singer

If you want a rather older amazing voice .... a mobile phone salesman .... youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA just look at the judges faces at the beginning when he says he's going to sing opera ;) He was the one who beat 6 year old Connie in the final.

yeah, Paul Potts has so much soul in his singing. I heard him on NPR recently, speaking and singing. I don't have TV at home, so I hadn't heard of him until that radio show. I see his new career is taking off; congratulations to him; he definitely deserves it.

Stefan

I agree, a great voice.

If you want a rather older amazing voice .... a mobile phone salesman .... youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA just look at the judges faces at the beginning when he says he's going to sing opera ;) He was the one who beat 6 year old Connie in the final.

Oh I heard that some years ago. That little girl made me cry with her gorgeous voice. What a darling!

I will check out the mobile phone salesman!

MY GOD! That man is amazing. I have never heard a voice besides Luciano Pavarotti's that was so full, rounded... full through all passagio... totally connected. What a voice!

My gosh, he's amazing!

Tears! Tears! Holy cow!

So what happened with him? Did he do an album?

OK i see his site... I am gonna spend some good time checking out what he has there!

Edited by webgyrl

Pretty cool, eh? I believe that music is inherent in all of us; some people just have that extra musicality, soul, however you define it. I imagine Paul Potts must have sung all the time, in the shower, with records, wherever he could. People like me have to spend years practicing in the privacy of our bedrooms, then take it out into the public by playing in bands (or solo) or even in the recording studio. We may never have that breakthrough moment that comes from an internationally broadcast performance, but who knows if I would perform with as much grace and totality if I had my 15 minutes of fame?

Natalie, you have a special talent too. I hope some of our other TCH family members have heard your recordings.

Stefan

Thank you for the links Andy and Stefan, :)

I love listening to them. What beautiful voices, you can tell it comes from their heart. :)

Stefan, I couldn't get your first link to work, maybe there something I'm missing. ( I added the 'tt' and 'com') as I did with the second link.

WOW!!! What an amazing talent!!!

What I love about these programs is seeing people with incredible talent getting a chance to perform for a world wide audience.

I don't watch much television, but did see Paul Potts performing on one of the morning television shows one day as I passed through a lounge area at work. I jotted down the name and did a search on YouTube, where I saw the audtion video. What a gifted singer; I am so happy that he is now able to share his wonderful talent with the world.