Web cam question

spetka

Depends on what you want to do. Do you want to stream? Stills? Got any more info?

HTH

Sorry, I'm pretty new to this. Basically my wife and I are having twins this month. Her parents live out of town, and I want them to be able to see the babies. I bought a logitech web cam, and I want them to be able to see the girls. I already have a digital camera, and I know how to post pics on the site. But I'm not sure how to get video on there. I would like to be able to have streaming video up, and call them and tell them to watch the site, and then bring the girls in for a few minutes for them to see. Does that make sense? Any help will be appreciated. TIA.

I have hooked a web cam and used Yahoo Messenger...attended a Christmas party 600 miles away in December using Yahoo Messenger...even had sound. Worked great, and really simple.

On Windows XP. just plug the camera in, and then in Yahoo Messenger, invite who you want to view your webcam. That's all there is to it.

Of course, this is only one option, but probably the easiest to do.