idallen

Mailchannels Smtp Relay Service

An email I sent out via my idallen.ca domain hosted by TCH (on newyork.snhdns.com) :

2014-06-10T02:23:46.478080-04:00 me postfix/smtp[30320]: 53BCB401EDD: to=<user@example.com>, relay=idallen.ca[208.76.84.141]:587, delay=1.1, delays=0.03/0.04/0.9/0.18, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK id=1WuFT8-0004KR-Tr)

ended up in the MailChannels SMTP relay service for delivery to my recipient. It didn't originate from the above TCH server where I dropped off the message. Info on MailChannels is here:

http://www.mailchannels.com/products/smtp-relay/

Is TCH using MailChannels now? I can't figure out how my message to him got in there.

Yes, TCH is using MailChannels SMTP relay service on all of our shared and reseller servers - mainly to pinpoint the mail abuses and the email password compromises. In fact, it is a step to stop spams from our shared/reseller servers and to avoid delisting the IPs on spam databases and popular mail providers.

Yes, TCH is using MailChannels SMTP relay service on all of our shared and reseller servers

When did you announce this? I missed the announcement and my email is failing to some recipients. Switching to using MailChannels requires everyone affected to modify their domain's SPF records to include the MailChannels server list, or else their outgoing mail will fail the SPF check. Not good! See http://www.mailchannels.com/outbound-spam-filtering/why-do-i-have-to-set-up-spf-in-order-to-use-mailchannels-smtp-relay-service/

Ian,

It only effects people that have SPF settings, which is well under 1% of our user base.

I replied to your help desk ticket with the information you inquired about.