Wordpress 2.6.2 Released

I did the upgrade, but something went wrong, it is asking me to do step 2 and do a install, when i click on that, it tells me that it must delete the database. I am not sure what happened now my site does not show up, any suggestions?

Can't we just update Wordpress from the cpanel?

Thanks,

Lise

You can if you installed through fantastico.

If you manually installed it, you would probably need to do a manual upgrade as well to not get into any eventual problems.

Can't we just update Wordpress from the cpanel?

Thanks,

Lise

WordPress is probably the easiest package ever to install updates for. I manage 7 WordPress sites and can update them all in about 30 minutes manually.

There is a plugin you can install that will allow you to update WordPress through the WordPress administration panel but I have never tried it. Like I said, it's a no brainer to update.

I keep getting a bunch of bogus registrations, I would guess from attempts to use the flaw.

I did the upgrade, but I didn't get the upgrade screen like usual. Can someone or support take a look to be sure everything's correct?

My password has already been compromised once, and I would prefer not to have it done again.