Sign in to follow this  
leezard

Myie2

In my newest Maximum PC magazine they had a browser included on the CD that comes with the nagazine called MyIE2. I've started using it and I LOVE it!! It combines a lot of features of other browsers like tabbed browsing, google bar support, pop up blocking etc and it is VERY "light weight" the full download is less than 2 megs. I have been using Netscape and mozilla off and on but I noticed netscape was running my PC at %100 percent sytem resources most of the time and I have been looking for a lighter, less resource hungry browser. Check it out if you get a chance.

MyIE2

Very cool,

Looks very much like IE has been skinned and tweaked to create this highly functional browser.

Lots of cool features and supports IE only scripts on the web.

I will let watch the reviews on the net before I migrate completely, I would like to know where it is storing it's cache etc. unlike firebird it's not in it's own directory so it could well be using IE's cache paths.

mozilla use 18MB of system RAm to operate and this uses only 13. . . very nice, good signs for things to come.

Very nice and some awsome features.

thanks Leezard.

Thumbs Up

It's still IE... the wolf under sheep's clothing... :D

Which means all the bad things are still there. The outsite (the shell) is all pretty and full-featured but the inside (the HTML rendering engine) is still the same crappy DLL... :(

That may be true, but it runs better than mozilla,netscape or ie on my PC and uses less resources

It's a matter of choice.

If you prefer to walk the easiest road.... :lol:

Well, I do see Linux as a better alternative to Windows but I wasn't talking about operating systems, I was talking about browsers. :blink:

What I meant is that those extra 5 Mb of RAM that Mozilla ocupies when compared to Myie are the price you have to pay if you want a better browser. :rolleyes:

Instead of Mozilla, why not try Firebird?

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firebird/

Eventually Mozilla is going to be phased out and all efforts are going to shift over to Firebird, which is the light weight version of Mozilla with the Gecko rendering engine.

The browser is great and has a nice UI! And there is a nice web developer extension available at: http://chrispederick.myacen.com/work/fireb...d/webdeveloper/

Enjoy!

What problems exactly did you have with Mozilla?

the only real problem i had is mozilla and netscape randomly utilizing %100 of my CPU resources. I could be surfing, with just one browser open and nothing else and all the sudden everythig slows to a crawl, check my resources and the browser is at %100. Shut down the browser and re open it and its fine for a while

When were you last using Mozilla? I mean with constant updates, I'm sure that problem you are having will be fixed soon enough. Small bugs in Firebird, like above, are the only thing keeping me from making Firebird my default browser.

So I say give it some time and try it again this fall :D