Question From A Noob

Extreme

ok well i dont really know anything and am doing this blind. i read the stuff in the pinned topic... "html and css tutorials". if gives a basic explaination of how to make the scripted pages that are the website by defining all the tags. but is there a sample page where several of those are on it and perhaps a screenshot or link to a page what uses several of those?

i am trying to see how i would create the homepage and what to do and where. i see how the commands work but not how they would all go together on a page.

i also dont know where in my cPanel or on the ftp that i can find the homepage at my website. currently at the site you see a white page with a link to my phpBB3 forums. http://tregonia.net/ So i am surely not in the know here :no2:

so again...where can i find a sample page that shows all the scripts inline and a view of wha the page would look like?

The W3Schools site that Dick recommended is an excellent resource, and as one who has been learning HTML, CSS, and PHP on his own for the past couple of years, I would also recommend it. I have the site bookmarked on my computer at home, and refer to it often when creating or editing a web page.

There are sections on that site for HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, PHP, Java, and much more. Not only are the tutorials easy to follow, but being a tutorial offered by the W3C consortium, you will be learning how to code HTML and CSS that will validate.

It's called a Home page and named: index.html usually or index.php

Thats what i needed :no2:

and i will get into the tutorials when i can. Does anyone know where i can get a list of the index colors? I can get several from the phpBB3 forums since those are used to make forum post colors...but i was curious if there were more