Php Shoutbox

section31

Shout boxes are fun as long as your site visitors are nice. I used to have a shoutbox on my page, but for the most part all it attracted was lamers and trolls from other hardware review sites that either wanted to advertise another site, or just use every cuss word in the book to tell me my site sucked.

I spent more time monitoring the shoutbox and deleteing abuse posts than I did maintaining my site.

Just an fyi that you might wanna keep an eye on it and see the type of posts you get at first.

Shout boxes are fun as long as your site visitors are nice. I used to have a shoutbox on my page, but for the most part all it attracted was lamers and trolls from other hardware review sites that either wanted to advertise another site, or just use every cuss word in the book to tell me my site sucked.

I spent more time monitoring the shoutbox and deleteing abuse posts than I did maintaining my site.

that's the exact reason i closed my shoutbox down! but some people still like em.

I used to know a really good site for a tagboard with lots of features including custom smilies but I went back to their site and it looks like the closed it down.

Luckily I manged to still find the download for it. Try this one. http://sourceforge.net/projects/shoutbox

If I happen to find this other one that is even better then I will let u know. B)

That is one of the worst shoutboxes I've tried before. I went down the line in hotscripts.com and I didn't find one descent one.

• 8 months later...

Gidday, I running phpbb 206 in phpwebsite 0932 and want to add a shoutbox or some other function where registered users can chat online.

I had a look and found a few including Prillian.

Am wondering how the shoutbox (IM etc) would be displayed...would it be in the phpbb window or another window.

Any info appreciated.

Wayne in Japan :goof: