Could Someone Look At This Trace

youneverknow

Hop 1 should be going to your comcast DNS server and it's timing out. Same for hops 4 and 5.

You may be able to change your DNS servers at your router or on your machine to use the ones from OpenDNS.org. I use them at work and they are quite fast.

I am using the open dns servers....or so I thought...the first hop is to my netgear router

youneverknow

There is nothing showing any real latency issues in that traceroute.

When you say slow, does it take a long time to initially connect to websites, or does it take a long time to download content?

Comcast in the past, at least around my region, has been notorious for DNS problems.

There is nothing showing any real latency issues in that traceroute.

When you say slow, does it take a long time to initially connect to websites, or does it take a long time to download content?

Comcast in the past, at least around my region, has been notorious for DNS problems.

Thanks for the reply...I have gone to dsl reports and ran the speed test there and also at Vonage VOIP speed test and both show a 1 meg or less download speed when I usually test out at about 2.8 to 3.1 megs down. I guess by using these test sites that the dns issue in not an issue correct?

By the way I have power cycled both my router and Motorola Surfboard Modem and still get those results

thanks

youneverknow

Reboot your cable modem and hope its a issue there. Ah, I see you already did that.

DNS issues would result in a slow start up connection to the initial visit of the site. It would not effect your download speeds.

I had comcast for a while until the oversold the node I was on so bad my download speeds went from 5mbps to

Perhaps a firewall on your pc ?

Call Comcast and ask them whats up.