Editing Those Minor Details

ejh

My website... www.mwtars.org, has a blue navigation bar on a blue backround. Everyone knows that this is a "no-no" but FrontPage doesn't. When I am editing on my program frontpage shows yellow writing on blue buttons, which really looks quite nice- but when I publish to mwtars.org I get blue writing on blue buttons. I've tried using the editing tools but I just have a stupid machine apparently... :(

If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this, give me a heads up! Our site is competing in a national contest in ten days!

THANKS!

Eric ^_^

hello again Eric,

alas your not using CSS, [a nice thing that makes bits of web sites all the same].

the buttons are actually gif images not text in cells [how dumb][Frontpage not you].

If you say they appear yellow in frontpage and not on your site i can think of only one thing that would cause that.

They are gif files which uses whats called indexed colors [a list of only so many colours to show the image] if they are set to say 8 colours and all 8 are different shades of blue the yellow bits will be blue as they are the only colors available.

You need to look at frontpage closely, look at your options, I couldn't see any in my version but i'm on office XP so it might be different.

How exactly did you create the links, did frontpage put them onto the page as part of its template?

:huh:

OK I take that back, maybe there is ccs involved I've just discovered some external css files but as they are FP generated they're not really editable.

You need to go back to the source. . .frontpage on your PC.

Try opening your home page/web site in frontpage and right clicking on it. . . choose page properties from the menu and then click on background.

you will see three colours representing your links on the page[hyperlink/visited link/active link]. . . they are currently set to that wishy washy blue and beige(nice).

Try setting all three to yellow, then save and upload your page/s.

It might force links to change.

Also I just noticed if you double click on the nav bar in the editing view[normal] in frontpage you can alter its style there, try that as well.

:huh: