Access Limitations

shadieideh

I'm about to signup for the Silver package, however, i need to make sure that i get SSH access as well as the capability to play around with Apache.

I will be using it as family web site and as well as a development website .

I also need to know if i can setup more than one username and control their access privs on the directories.

Please advise ASAP, i sent a couple of questions to support but nobody answered, if i don't get an answer on this i'm probably moving on to another provider.

Regards,

Shadi

You do not get any control over Apache.

There is no hosting company in the world that will allow you to "play" with Apache. You would need a "dedicated server" to do this.

We do grant SSH to certain accounts depends on why you need it.

You are only allowed one username.

Sorry if no one answered your emails, not sure why but I dont think we got any of them.

Good luck in your search.

May I suggest that if you want to "play" with apache, you find yourself a Pentium 166 with win 98/NT and use this as your testing server. Apache can be downloaded for free.

You could pick one up for a few quid/dollars and then you can play with it to your hearts content.

Its something we do at work alot so that we don't end up trashing the main big servers.

Jim

You have multiple domains that you want to host within your package or are you looking for subdomains with specific FTP users? Neither option would require any Apache modifications. I guess what I'm asking is, "What will be your url and what would be an example of a url for a family member subsite?"

Hosting multiple domains: (****** AND yourauntsdomain.com) Hosting multiple domains is only available in the Reseller packages where you are given access to a Web Hosting Manager control panel (no need to do anything with Apache). WHM is where you would set up all of the domains that you want to host. Each hosted client has a cPanel of their own. You cannot host multiple domains using the Silver package.

Subdomains w/ FTP Users: (****** AND youraunt.******)

This can be easily done within cPanel without any direct Apache modification. And can be done with the Silver package.

Lianna