Uploading Pics

This seems to be a great resource for infe. Last year i had a blog and it was runned by wordpress and it worked great. Yesterday i decided to start a new blog called www.kanonfilm.se and i downloaded Wordpress 2.0 and applied it to my webhotel.

The problem is that for some reason i just cant get the uploading function to work at all. In what folder shall my pictures be placed? When i try to upload them from the "write post" catalog it just says:

"Warning: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 143733/143733 is not allowed to access /hsphere/local/home/slinger/kanonfilm.se/wp-content/uploads/2006/01 owned by uid/gid 398/398 in /hsphere/local/home/slinger/kanonfilm.se/wp-admin/admin-functions.php on line 1757

The uploaded file could not be moved to ."

since im a noob at this i really need some help whith this..... :)

Welcome to the forums slinger. I did some checking and could not find anything that looked like it applied. I do not use that function myself so we will have to wait for someone with a bit more knowledge to offer further assistance.

In the Admin|Options|Miscellaneous panel you need to check the box to allow uploads and specify a path to upload into. Also, you will need to change the permissions of that folder to 777 before you are able to upload anything.

This is how it is in WP 1.5 and I don't think they have changed it in 2.0.

Thnx guys, i just sent an email to my webhotel regarding the restriction on their servers....

Hey Bruce...

if you mean the Admin|Options|Miscellaneous panel in the Wordpress dashboard, i dont have any of these options to choose from. the only thing there is "Track Links’ Update Times" and "Use legacy my-hacks.php file support"

Feels great to choose a powerful and easy tool like WP 2.0 to use and configure. I chosed it on the basis that i dont know jack about coding and wanted something really easy to configure.... i still feel totaly retarded. Especially since someone said - "hey man it will take 5 minutes to config and then you should be running" :(

Im quite lost right now and to keep my bloodpreassure down, i now will watch Into The Blue featuring Jessica Alba, just to thing about something else for an hour or so :)

The answer i got from surftown.se (my webhotel) was : Yes surftown is always running with safe mode on, due to our clients who likes it that way. In nearly all CMS system (probobly also Wordpress) you can solve this with applying a patch. However you must check this in their forum. Take a look at this discussion in our fourm :

And then follows a text in Danish wich is totally gibberish for me. Im getting VERY annoyed now and dont have a clue what to do...,..... :)

Link removed by TCH-Thomas

Well, as it makes it difficult to troubleshoot an issue you are having with your host you have now because it is on a different setup than we use, you may also want to check the WordPress forums and see if anyone there has found a workaround.