Cpanel Login Problems - Again

Hi guys! I haven't been around much lately, been busy working, but I'm back! And not happy! LOL

TCH runs so well that I rarely have to login to my Cpanels to do anything. I FTP in and out frequently, but that's about it. For that you get a pat on the back.

but ....

Every 4 or 5 months I DO have to login to my Cpanels (for all 5 domains) and I encounter the same problem every time. My passwords are being lost on the TCH side of this equation. I used to blame myself so I became very careful about saving and printing out all emails and info. I keep mulitple copies of every exchange between myself and TCH. Yet, today, I'm encountering the same problem. I can access the CPanel for 3 of my accounts just fine, but can't get into the other 2. I opened a help ticket and was sent an URL for a support page. Not what I needed. Then I received another response telling me the process to go through for changing my password.

Why do I have to go through this every time I want to access my CPanels? :(

The process we use to reset a password is for the protection of the site owner. It prevents someone from pretending to own the site putting in a ticket and having the password changed or from using IM to have the password reset.

It's not the *password changing process* that upsets me. It's the fact that my password keeps being lost every couple of months. That and having to change my email address. I use one password and one email address for all accounts, and they are both being *lost in the shuffle* somewhere. But not for all my accounts, they just lose them for a few of my accounts, and it's a random pick each time.

So every couple of months I have to go through the process of fixing my accounts back the way they're supposed to be with the SAME password and SAME email address. It's like setting up new accounts every time. It's a pain in the neck. :(

Sounds like a client side issue not a server side issue. The only thing I have seen even coming close to this is with e-mail accounts. However, that is even sporadic.

cPanel updates may cause your default e-mail address to be overwritten, but that's not very likely.

Odd one for sure.

I would love to see if other users are having this same issue.

Bill

I haven't had to do any CPanel updates since I first opened my account and moved all my domains in. The last thing I updated was the Locking Down of my domains (Dec 2-04), but that wasn't through the CPanel. I go into all 5 CPanels every few months just to look and see if it's all ok. If you guys weren't so good at running my domains, I'd have to be in there every week. LOL

I don't use email addy's associated with my domains, I run no programs, no Java, no CGI, no nothin'. They are simply store fronts with a few basic pages and images.

Which leaves me at a loss to explain why all of a sudden 2 or 3 of them decide my password and email address are wrong, yet the others will take the same info like usual. :(

Kris helped me get into my accounts with new passwords and I went in and got things changed back to the way they were. Thank you Kris!!!! Andy had to deal with me last time and but I'm sure he's grown back all the hair he pulled out that night. Thank you Andy! :(

I'd still love to figure out the mystery of why this happens every few months to just some of my domains and not all. I also noticed a new look to the CPanel in one of my domains. Pretty Blue design, looks great! Will all CPanels be changed eventually?