Is Your Email Account Ever Hacked? Which?

Is your (ANY) email account ever hacked? Which one?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is your (ANY) email account ever hacked? Which one?

• My Yahoomail account was hacked.
    • My Hotmail account was hacked.
    • My Gmail account was hacked.
    • My Totalchoicehosting.com account was hacked.
    • My yahoomail password was stolen.
    • My hotmail password was stolen.
    • My ISP account was hacked.
    • Never

You have two questions here and I am confused by what you meant to ask. What do you meen by "hacked". Isn't stealing a password "hacking"?

Password stealing is a sub-domain of hacking. A hacker can access any account even without a password, thanks to vulnerabilities(which remain open for a small period, enough for him to cause havoc). Few years back, there was a loophole in hotmail system, by which one could open inbox of any person WITHOUT a password, just by typing a specific URL associated with that account. All he needed was that URL and nothing else to login. Hotmail patched their system soon.

Read this, if you are a Gmail fan:

http://www.networkpunk.com/?q=node/view/222

Never been hacked but one time my girlfriend (at the time) asked me my password and in my sleep I gave it to her. The really weird thing is that she's deaf and I fingerspelled the password! I woke up the next morning and she told me how she got on.

Never been hacked but one time my girlfriend (at the time) asked me my password and in my sleep I gave it to her. The really weird thing is that she's deaf and I fingerspelled the password! I woke up the next morning and she told me how she got on.

Wow! Just imagine all the info she has gotton from you in your sleep, and hasn't told you about...