Great Online Maps

youneverknow

Hm...yes I do :lol:

But I am also someone who once had to take a map with me and look at it in every streetcorner during a festival we had here back in the 90´s just to figure out where the closest subway station was and when I gave up I figured out I had been walking 4000 meters when closest station was actually about 100 meters away.

Cool, I found where I live

Thomas, believe it or not this is true:

I was given the keys to my house at the closing after signing all the legal papers, and stood there the proud sole owner of a house, yet did not know where it was or how to get to it! LOL :lol:

I had always been a passenger in the auto during the walk through, etc and though I knew the general area, I did not know where MY home was! I just laughed and turned to the lawyer that handled the transaction and asked for directions. Everyone in the room was STUNNED.... I think they wondered if I was mentally capable of remembering that I just purchased a home and had a new mortgage to pay monthly.

If I am driving I will remember. If I am a passenger my attention wanders and I notice flowers, trees, animals, etc, but not the path taken.

The maps are VERY nice. But unfortunately, my street appears unnamed on the map...I zoomed in as far as it would allow and nope...no name. Good thing I didn't use it to go home.

-Samantha