A Few Questions

jakemtl

Hi,

So far I like what I see, but I have a few questions that will help me in making my final decision:

1. Do you offer telephone support and is it toll free?

2. Do you offer password protected directories?

3. I would like to transfer my phpbb forum to your servers. I currently have about 70 users and 800 messages posted. I am hoping that it will grow further. Can I expect good, speedy performance? Can you refer me to a similar or larger forum that is hosted on a SHARED server with you guys?

4. If I have trouble transferring the database associated with my phpbb (approx 2MB in size), is there someone who can help me install it? If so, how much will it cost?

4. I understand that you allow adult content. Is it stored on the same shared servers as people with general content (I am worried about performance)?

5. How many years have you been in business as TotalChoice Hosting?

Thank you very much!

Jacob

1. Do you offer telephone support and is it toll free?
No, support is handled through the Help Desk or IM.

2. Do you offer password protected directories?

Yes, you can web protect directories.

3. I would like to transfer my phpbb forum to your servers. I currently have about 70 users and 800 messages posted. I am hoping that it will grow further. Can I expect good, speedy performance? Can you refer me to a similar or larger forum that is hosted on a SHARED server with you guys?
How's the perfromance of this forum?

4. If I have trouble transferring the database associated with my phpbb (approx 2MB in size), is there someone who can help me install it? If so, how much will it cost?

You can seek help here in the forum or the help desk. Shouldn't be a problem.

4. I understand that you allow adult content. Is it stored on the same shared servers as people with general content (I am worried about performance)?
All of your content will be stored within your own account. If you are concerned with that how about a dedicated server or semi-dedicated server.

5. How many years have you been in business as TotalChoice Hosting?

I am a customer and don't know the answer to this question but have been totally satisfied in the year that I have been here.

Edited by TCH-Bruce

I've seen phpBB forums hosted here that have no problems whatsoever. You should be fine.

There should be no performance issues with adult content residing on TCH servers. It really doesn't matter what the website holds on a shared server: if it starts messing with the performance of the server, it will be dealt with, adult content or not.

ok, thanks again for the quick answer. I am impressed by the responsiveness.

Another question, what is the maximum number and size of the mysql database(s)?

I would also still want to know how many years you are in business.

My favorite forum hosted on TCH.

http://www.tristatesportbikes.com/forum/in...3554564201b4fc4

From that forum :

Our users have posted a total of 171103 articles

We have 1558 registered users

The newest registered user is yamaha2004

In total there are 24 users online :: 14 Registered, 3 Hidden and 7 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]

Most users ever online was 176 on Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:38 pm

Tristate is on server15 :) a older shared server. A Dual P3 1.3Ghz box with 2GB RAM. Our new shared servers are all Quad Xeons @ 2.8Ghz.

However, as you can see TSSB loads fast and every time! Proof that our servers are not oversold, nor overloaded and are rock solid stable.

The TCH forum is on a dedicated box.

cool, good answers. I saw on the BBBonline site that you guys are around since 1999, so that answers that question. Look for my new account registration soon!

Thanks, looking forward to joining the family.

Jacob Jegher