Happy Valentines Day!

KevinW

My wife went out and bought the DVD of A Big Fat Greek Wedding and we watched that. Outside of watching repeats of The West Wing, we usually look for Rick Steve's travel shows on one of the PBS stations - especially if he is touring thru Italy.

Ciao!

kw

Charmed, The Agency, Alias and John Doe were on our list. We had a lot of catching up to do....too much RocketPower, Hey Arnold and SpongeBob lately! :lol:

So, by relaxing evening, I mean that I got to watch witches blow up bad guys, CIA blow up bad guys, different CIA blow up bad guys and a guy that doesn't know who he is blow up bad guys! Man that was fun! :rolleyes:

Topped it off by watching the Iron Chef Valentine's Day Battle (chocolate and apples were the theme ingredients).

...ok, somebody please tell me that I need to get a life... :lol:

Lianna

Ah, better than that! We have DishNetwork's PVR721! 120GB harddrive with dual tuners. We can record two different shows and watch a pre-record at the same time. And pause live tv, all the cool stuff of Tivo, but NO Monthly fee like Tivo charges. I will never use tape again.

Dang, I love my toys! For those of you that haven't figured it out yet:

"Hello. My name is Lianna and I'm a tech junkie."

:rolleyes:

Last year it took me 5 hours to hook up my new DVD player so that it would work through my receiver and surround sound, and so we could still play our VCR, and play music - from one remote. Boy, was I in a crabby mood that day.

I look at the back of my TV wall unit and see cables everywhere, and dread the day I might have to pull it out to fix a problem!

-kw

I thought you might have something besides tape. I have a pair of Tivos (Tivi?). I have a cable modem so I use cable rather than Dish or DirecTV. I did get the lifetime service so there is no monthly charge here either. I bought one for $50 after rebate and won the other in a contest so I figured I could spring for the $200 lifetime service at the time. It's the only electronic device that I ever bought that my wife can't do without.

As for being a tech junkie, Lianna, you are in good company. My kids at school asked me yesterday what my next toy was going to be. :rolleyes:

Next toy?

Has anyone played with the newer PocketPC phones with GPS and interfaced it to a Microsoft server running Exchange? I have a customer whose cell phone broke, and he went out and got one (Siemens SX56) on Friday afternoon at 4pm. Naturally, he wanted to know why I wasn't already over there to hook it up for him!

-kw