Setting-up Gallery

andypeat

I am on the cofiguration page of Gallery in Nuke and have only got one error which is

Temporary directory

The filesystem path to a temporary directory. Eg. /tmp or c:\windows\temp. Note that if you have open_basedir configured on your system, then this temporary directory must be inside the open_basedir path! In that case you may need to create the tmp directory yourself and make sure that it's writable by the webserver process

Does anyone know what to do to create a temprary directory?

thanks

Andy

Andy,

In my gallery installation I have /tmp as my temporary directory. I think that is what it shows by default, and I didn't change it and it works fine.

I also have issues with changing permissions with the file manager, so I use an FTP program (FileZilla) and that seems to work fine.

Groovy

That works :) thank you, I had to make a file called htaccess then set the permissions (as my ftp program doesn't show strange files) and then rename it using the file manager.

and now gallery works ;)

One question - once I upload an image to gallery can I then resize the original image or will it always stay that size on the server and only the previews will change in size?

thanks again

Andy

Gallery creates images for the various sizes so if you have a file called mypic.jpg you will have the original image along with the thumbnail and resized image on the disk.

By the way, Gallery is not very tolerant of change and if php changes on the server you will get error messages. If you keep all your images in an albums folder you can send in a Help Desk ticket and we can chmod the whole directory very quickly to resolve the problem.