Server Uptime

Madmanmcp

Did anyone else just experience the Forums here going down? I was sitting here reading and clicked on a post to read and got a page not found, I tried several others and got the same results. When I tried to go to the Forum home page it also was not found. The TCH Home was working as was some of my sites. I then checked Server Status and saw two red lights on SSL Server for Server 1 and Server 28.

This only lasted for about 10 minutes and it started about 11:59AM EST.

I then checked the server status reports and nothing is listed and they still show 100% uptime.

Any comments?

Tell me about it Madman, I know that feeling. Last time I put out my resume I was competing with about 3000 other people for the same position. This time I think there are more. I am contemplating a mall job while I finish my next degree. The tech sector in AZ is disillusioning. It is tough when you are competing with a guy that has a masters and you are both going for a job that requires an AAS at best.

I'm on the other side of the spectrum Rob. I started in this business back in the 70's working mainframes for Control Data Corporation fresh out of High School. In the 90's I switched to the PC side and was laid off after 29 years when my Y2K project completed. All I had was OJT and I was up against young kids with degrees and all sorts of paper certs. They were willing to work for half my pay and I had a wife and two teenagers to feed.

But I still love the business and I'll tough it out a couple more years hopefully :rolleyes:

Sounds all too familiar. After 20 years of military service working in electronics (15 of those spent with PC's, networks, running my own LAN, and working at a local ISP), there was nothing available locally. So now I'm working with FAA electronics. However, if the situation was right, I'd jump back into the computer field in a heartbeat!

Its no different in any line of work.

In my last field of employment, before moving into the IT world I saw the same thing.

I would see coworker's work less hours, spend less time in training, less time on the street, less response calls and much less attitude get the promotion I was trying to get. Why? Paper on the wall!

Bill