Moving From Google Workspace Free

salguod

Hello,

I've been with TCH for over 15 years and for nearly that long I've used Google Workspace Free (formerly GSuite and Google Apps for Domains before that). Google just announced they are discontinuing the free tier of Google Workspace. Moving to a paid tier is cost prohibitive for my personal use and I'm struggling to find an alternative for me, my wife and my parents that will integrate email and calendar.

Setting up IMAP email through my TCH account is fairly simple, but I'm struggling to find an integrated calendar solution.  How can I have a calendar that's tied to my email address and portable across my devices?

Any suggestions?

I believe you can use a calendar option provided in both webmail clients Horde and Roundcube. Note cPanel also provide option to setup one via its main interface in cPanel > "Calendars and Contacts" section. You can refer to this link for more information or submit a support ticket here with all required information.

I hadn't dove into cPanel yet, but I assumed there were options. But, I suspect they don't provide the same level of integration that a Google account does. If I get an email meeting invitation and respond with an acceptance, it automatically shows up on my calendar. I also can easily view and update my calendar from my phone and desktop via the web interface or their dedicated apps.

Maybe that's possible with those solutions too and I'm just not aware. I'll look into the links you provided.

It does seem like outlook.com provides a Gmail like experience with desktop and phone apps and I can link my domain email addresses to it. I think anyway.

More digging to do.