marlene

Disable Options For Users Of Webmail

I would like to prevent unauthorized webmail users from having some/all the options available to them when logging into their webmail account such as;

Change Password, Forwarding Options, Auto Responders, ConfigureMail Client, Email Delivery Route, Email Filtering.

How do I disable these options for certain email accounts for my domain?

marlene

I don´t think you can change this but hold on and someone may know how to.

You can open a ticket with the help desk and ask but I don't think it's possible since it's a part of cPanel.

Well that is extremely disappointing. As a domain owner, I think I should have the capability of controlling what the users can and cannot do. I especially don't want email passwords changed without prior authorization.

:)

I spoke with a tech via live chat. I was told the same thing....can't be done. :)

Would it do any good to open a ticket?

I have seen this request making rounds with cpanel developers dating back to 2006. The only hack for this at the moment is editing out the theme and removing those features from the code. But this means the options will not be available to every user on the server, which is something we cannot implement on a shared hosting server. There is also a chance of things breaking when cpanel does a code rewrite.