Ftp Security

TheCanadian

I know that the basic FTP protocol is rather insecure (passwords are sent unencrypted and such), but beyond that I don't know much about it. I was wondering if there is a secure method of transferring files to my sites, or if your server supports some form of secure FTP protocols (and if so, what software do I need to get to utilize them?)

Rock Sign

You can request ssh (Secure Shell) access to your account, which will let you use secure

copy programs. That's how I update my info here and at other cPanel sites. I will not

use FTP anywhere!

• 3 weeks later...

FileManager in Cpanel through HTTPS sounds like a great idea. Thanks!!

Sorry for the late repsonse... apparently my notification e-mail of repsonses to this topic is not making it through (probably being filtered by my ISPs glorious spam filters... basically I only get I AM A SPAMMER e-mail and most of my important mail is hit-and-miss :( )