dseguin

Scrolling Challenge!

Hey CSSers,

So here's the trick:

Site: http://krisvdv.net/portfoliocss/places/

CSS: http://krisvdv.net/portfoliocss/ndxz-studio/site/PIXistez%20White/style.css

The goal is to have a fixed header and footer, and allow the images to scroll horizontally. It looks and works great UNTIL you test in a smaller window size. Then, for some reason I can't figure out, as soon as you need a vertical scroll, the footer div can no longer be seen... thus not allowing visitors to see the bottom links.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dan

Sorry nobody has responded yet but hang in there I'm sure someone will have an idea for you.

Hey Bruce,

No worries! I'm the meantime, I'm testing away with ideas. I'll post some of those in the next couple hours.

Cheers,

Dan

In #footer, change position: fixed; to position: inherit; and the problem should go away.

In #footer, change position: fixed; to position: inherit; and the problem should go away.

Hi Dick,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you're right. However, the whole point of having it position: fixed is so the bottom nav not scroll along with the photos.

Any other ideas given these requirements?

Dan

You can try position: relative; or keep position: fixed; and make sure you set the options such as top, bottom, left, right.

Hey All,

Thanks for your suggestions and ideas. I've tried a lot of different programming related solutions and have given up. I've shifted the problem to being design related and have now changed the site's design to fit the programming. Done.

Cheers,

Dan

Damn I just go to look and you have already removed the pages :|

Sorry Carbonize! Had a client waiting... Thanks for stopping by though!

Dan