Sign in to follow this  
musicfrisk

New Page Ranks - I Be Confused

I seem to have new page ranks this morning. the cutoff for being rated on some of the new pages is somewhere between 6/5/2003 and 6/23/2003 - as a 6/5 page now has a page rank that didn't and the 6/23 one doesn't.

I think they changed some things though as a page that had a page rank of 2 and now has a 5 is LOWER on that search term than it was before. :wacko:

My rank went up from 2's and 3's to 5 and 6's - but overall I seem to have lost pace with some sites that moved up even more? Mad!!!

Anyone with ideas for tweaking this, to improve next time, I'm all ears.

(it appears this all flipping around a bit as I now see 3's again.)

I seem to have new page ranks this morning. the cutoff for being rated on some of the new pages is somewhere between 6/5/2003 and 6/23/2003 - as a 6/5 page now has a page rank that didn't and the 6/23 one doesn't.

I think they changed some things though as a page that had a page rank of 2 and now has a 5 is LOWER on that search term than it was before.

My rank went up from 2's and 3's to 5 and 6's - but overall I seem to have lost pace with some sites that moved up even more?

Anyone with ideas for tweaking this, to improve next time, I'm all ears.

(it appears this all flipping around a bit as I now see 3's again.)

Pagerank is not everything when it comes to rankings of your website. Think about this:

http://launch.yahoo.com/

It has a pagerank of 8.

http://www.mp3.com

http://www.winamp.com

Check the pageranks of this sites.

Now if you search for any music-related term in search engines, then (if pagerank was the only deciding factor) these websites would popup as first, second or third. Also, these sites have several pagerank 7 webpages too. So if all pagerank 7,8,9 webpages of these sites are considered, then atleast first 200 search results of every search engine would consist of these 3 sites only. (I am just giving an example. There are 100's of pagerank 8 music-related sites on net).

So what about sites like your's? They won't be showing even within the first 1000 search results as your site has a pagerank of 5, while there are tons of other sites having even better pagerank.

Instead of thinking of pagerank, try to improve on-page factors first. Then move towards off-page factors. Does your site's homepage use H1 , H2, H3, Italics, Bold headlines with each having the main keyword in it? If not, then first read about how to and complete your homework. After that, think about pagerank and links and other stuff.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Onlinehelper