Pidgin 2.4.1 Released

Does anyone use this? I didnt know it existed ... is it any good? I am sick of having AIM, Yahoo and MSN all opened at once, this might be the answer to my problems :thumbup1:

I use it and love it. You might know it better by it's previous name "Gaim" (changed due to legal issues with AOL).

I used to use Trillian (was a paid member and was an alpha tester for Astra), but it just wasn't doing it for me anymore.

OK - I know I'm technologically retarded... but I WAS using pidgin and for over a week now something was wrong. I was sending I'M's to everyone with no responses. It took my sister to phone me last night and ask why I never wrote back. I thought my entire group of coworkers were blowing me off... I don't trust pidgin anymore... unless someone can tell me why they could see my IM's and I couldn't see theirs? Did I mess up my settings? And it takes an extra hour for AOL to connect (it always says I'm disconnected to AOL for the first hour of logging in) - why would that happen too? Andy worked with me for hours to set it up... no idea what my problem is - and it so very could be on my end - I won't lie....

I've used it on both windows and Linux - been great on both.

Christine is special - so it's saving the troubles for her ;) I'm not sure what the issue is there, I'd call round and have a look - but a long way to travel for me ..... on the other hand, any excuse to go visiting :thumbup1:

Hey Bruce, would it be the same on Linux as it would be for Windows? And if so, how do you find it?

The windows version is virtually the same as the Linux version. You can get any version from their website: pidgin.im

I owe pidgin an apology.... it didn't work for me because I touched my computer... something I really need to stop doing - between Andy and Dick we figured out I had inadvertently blocked all my users (lol) I should have investigated the problem before I said anything... my bad - sorry Pidgin! You're not a dirty bird!