I have been trying to get some customer service about this issue all night and nothing is being done.

All my spam settings are turned on in cpanel and although this is working I am getting emails from your server telling me I just got a spam message and it blocked it. Whats the point of even turning on the spam blocking options if I am just going to get 300 email from you telling me I had spam blocked???

Your 24hr tech service tonight is a joke (most of the time its good) and the person did little to help me fix my issue. I would go as far as to say she wasn't sure what she was doing or did nothing at all. Said she worked on the back end but I don't see how that could have done anything (and it didn't)

She asked me to let her know if I was still getting spam and to contact her once I did. Well I did and there is no answer yet again.

I have 4 websites running threw TCH and I have had to change my business email 3 times because of this same problem. The emails include my company URL but the name is not something I have seen. For example dan@leasidehandyman.com. There is no dan, no dhre4f@leasidehandyman.com or anything other then service@leasidehandyman.com.

This needs to be fixed or I am having my sites moved to another host.

Sorry for the rant but I am sick of waiting for 300 emails to download every morning afternoon and night.

Thank you

Sean Connors

Sorry to hear that... but at least it doesn't sound like the actual web hosting has been a problem for you!

From CPanel you can select the SPAM Assassin icon. Is your Spam box enabled? That will route all your spam into a separate folder on the server I think... I know I don't get emails every time I get a SPAM message.

Ted

I have 4 websites running threw TCH and I have had to change my business email 3 times because of this same problem. The emails include my company URL but the name is not something I have seen. For example dan@leasidehandyman.com. There is no Dan, no dhre4f@leasidehandyman.com or anything other then service@leasidehandyman.com.

This needs to be fixed or I am having my sites moved to another host.

Sending spam to random email addresses is a common spammer practice and can not be "fixed". Moving hosts will also not fix the issue if you are just going to continue to forward unrouted email(mail sent to an invalid email address) to your existing address. You need to log in to cPanel and set your Default Address to :fail:, this will stop the majority of your spam.

Sending spam to random email addresses is a common spammer practice and can not be "fixed". Moving hosts will also not fix the issue if you are just going to continue to forward unrouted email(mail sent to an invalid email address) to your existing address. You need to log in to cPanel and set your Default Address to :fail:, this will stop the majority of your spam.

Thank you very much.

I will set the default address to :fail: as you said. This will not effect incoming emails I assume?

I am sorry for the rant though. I was really frustrated at the time.

As for the hosting everything has been great. A few times the sites have gone down but not for long at all.

So to prove my loyalty I just registered another domain name and will have it hosted here once I figure out what my user and password is for a domain I have been redirecting since the day I opened it.

I think I will need to open a ticket.

Thanks again and sorry for the rant.

You're welcome and don't worry, we all get frustrated at times especially when it come to email. :thumbdown:

Setting your default to :fail will only affect mail to accounts you have not set up, such as dan@. Also, if you ever want to use a temporary address for something like a online store or mailing list. Just create a forward to your existing account instead of an actual account. Then when you longer need it just delete the forward and the :fail: setting will take care of any unwanted emails.

As for the hosting everything has been great. A few times the sites have gone down but not for long at all.

So to prove my loyalty I just registered another domain name and will have it hosted here once I figure out what my user and password is for a domain I have been redirecting since the day I opened it.

I think I will need to open a ticket.

If you need to recover your access details from our domains services please try the Account Retrieval page or you can call (480) 624-2500.

Once you order new hosting just let us know and we will get it activated for you.