Galleries, Email Addresses And Mailing Lists

Guest Jessica

Guest Jessica

Hi there,

These are silly questions, but I don't know the answer, and need to ask!

If I sign up for the basic plan, it mentions that it includes a number of 'scripts' for such features as a gallery, mailing lists, etc. How does one use these 'scripts' and is it something that is fairly easy for someone who is not a programmer to use?

As well, how many actual email addresses (not aliases) does the basic plan include?

Thanks very much,

Jessica

Welcome to the forums Jessica

You can have an unlimited number of email address.

Most of these scripts are one-click installs. Of course they require configuration after being installed. There are links to the script author's sites that provide help forums similar to these if you get stuck.

Most of these scripts are one-click installs. Of course they require configuration after being installed. There are links to the script author's sites that provide help forums similar to these if you get stuck.

Also, it's a good idea to visit the script's website anyway. Fantastico doesn't always have the latest version of the script (in fact, usually doesn't). Depending on which script you want to install, sometimes that's important. Web boards, for example, have updated security measures that are added in the latest version.

(Not signed up as yet, but I thought I'd jump in.)

Guest Guest

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the info. Are these email addresses in the form of 'webmail', or are they just email addresses that forward to another adress of your own (in hotmail, outlook, etc.)?

I know nothing about scripts, so I'm just wondering - when you say 'one-click installs' - does that mean you literally cut and paste HTML script into a page before uploading?

As well, if you'd like to at some point create an online-shop, does TCH have the necessary 'stuff' to get that going?

Thanks very much.

Jessica

Hi and welcome to the forum, Jessica. :D

Unlimited email addresses means you can set up as many addresses you want (a@yourtchdomain.com, b@yourtchdomain.com, c@yourtchdomain.com, d@yourtchdomain.com and so on)

These addresses can be managed with either webmail or pop/imap (outlook, thunderbird etc), it´s your choice how to manage them.

One click installs are simply a collections of "wizards" that lets you set up a certain script such as forums, guestbooks, wikis and much more, with more or less a click of a button.

Procedure would be, log in to your cpanel, find the fantastico or scripts section, in there click the link of the script you want to install, the wizard will ask you a few questions (like in to which folder to install this script to etc), then click the install button and your script of choice are ready to be used.

I have personally not tried all one click installs, but there should be no cut and paste of codes. But if there is, the wizard will tell you step by step what to do. If you get stuck in something, there are lots of people here willing to help, so give us a shout and we will be there for you.

As for "online-shops", I know there are one or a few popular ones in the fantastico/scripts.