Password Reset

I recently had my password reset - I can get into my cpanel but now I can't ftp anything to my site so I guess I have to change that password too, except I can't find the new password.

I know I didn't submit a help ticket to get the password reset, I had the new password sent to me...how did I do that again... ;)

Please open a ticket with the help desk. Link above or in my signature. Where it prompts for password, enter UNKNOWN.

They will probably want you to verify you are who you say you are so provide as much indentifying information as possible.

I don't remember exacty what happened, the only thing I know is that I submitted a help ticket about my stats not updating last week, in return I was sent a message to reset my password - I still have the email with a link to update my cpanel password. Maybe that's why I can't remember requesting the change...

edit: the link to update my password is of course no longer active.

Edited by suzen

Oh, if you can get into your cPanel you should be able to use your cpanel name and password in your FTP program.

If you have set up additional users to FTP then you should be able to change those passwords through cPanel.

Hopefully my new password will arrive soon -- but I can't use my FTP program without the current password for my site - thats the missing link right now.

Suzen,

Welcome to the forums. I hope you got it all straighted out to your satisfaction. Let us know if you need something else! We really do like to help and try our hardest to give you good, accurate answers.