Can I include a link to my web page in my footer?

Currently its a footer for opera browser, but id rather it say:

"visit guitar.FM for free @guitar.FM email accounts"

Next question is my domain is registered with go daddy, pointed to TCH and email is hosted with Google.

So I am not sure who to direct this question to.

I often visit news groups with google groups and would like to have a fancy footer but was wondering if this could be Spam.

I am often referred to the SPAM policy and nothing about a vanity Email footer.

Can I include a link to my web page in my footer?

:)

In some peoples eyes it may be considered SPAM. For my work email I have links in my email footer that go to our company website but for my personal email I do not have any links to my personal site.

If you are posting to newsgroups check their FAQ and see what they allow. On forums check their Guidelines. As long as you follow the rules you should have no problems.

I think this question is best directed to the forum where you wish to add links to your footer/signature. Find out what each forum's rules are.

For my cricket club, we have practically no rules. Other forums (like TCH) have rules, and there may be some restrictions on links.

[edited for clarification]

Edited by chatbug

What they said about checking with the forums where you want to do this.

As for person-to-person email it's common to have such things in your sig. In fact, most website marketing people suggest it to get more people to your site. Back in the pre-internet days the commonly accepted thing was 4 lines or less. Of course that was before we could put graphics and banners and stuff in sigs but the concept still holds - don't make the sig longer than the message.