Sign in to follow this  
nortk

Thunderbird 1.5 Is Available

The bit I missed....

you need to uninstall the old version, or install in a new directory. Trying to install over the top doesn't work :blink:

Version 1.0.7 is what I had.

And this is on the release notes page under All Systems:

Prior to installing Thunderbird 1.5, please ensure that the directory you've chosen to install into is clean and doesn't contain any previous Thunderbird installations.

Yeah, I was on version 1.0.7 to - however it just failed to open when I installed over the top - fortunately backups were taken before doing anything :blink:

According to this page it says:

You don't need to uninstall the old version beforehand if you're installing v1.0.6 or later. The installer will remove the old version from the list in the Add/Remove Programs list in the Windows control panel . If you're installing the upgrade in the same location as the old version it will also delete that folder's contents before installing the new files. However, you may wish to delete the contents of that folder beforehand just to play it safe (do that if you're installing v1.5).

Should have worked. :blink: