adverse

Email List - Newsletter Mailer

hello.

i use TCH for all my clients and a new one has a request that i'm kinda drawing a blank on. i've seen this done on sites all over the net but i'm not sure how it would work with frontpage.

basically, they want to have a 'subscribe to our newsletter' form on the page which would collect users email addresses. ok, no problem there as frontpage will shoot each entered email address from the form to a .csv or .txt file.

where i get confused, is how that translates to a mailing list the client can use to send out their periodic newsletter. they want everything to be as automated as possible so they don't have to mess with the .csv file themselves. is a third party 'email blaster' the only way to go here?

thanks,

brad

Hello,

Normally with a CSV file you would have to import the addresses into the script/program in order to build the e-mail list and I am not aware of any scripts that will simply send a mass mailing by reading a CSV file.

My suggestion would be to goahead an actually use a PHP mailing list script and there are a number of quite nice free ones out there.

http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_...gers/index.html

thanks, mark.

would you foresee any difficulties in integrating a php script like that into a frontpage created website hosted by TCH? there seems to be some uncertainties regarding compatability between php and frontpage.

brad

Edited by adverse

I don't see why you can't run PHP scripts with anything created with FP. You will probably have to use the source view to get the code entered correctly but that's about it.

Hello,

I don't think you will have any problems running a php script to integrate with something made in frontpage.