Switching Registrars

Zeitgeist

Go here and follow the steps.

Be sure to read EVERY word of the instructions and cautions. Also, ensure that your Admin contact email on record at netsol is NOT associated with your domain. In other words, the Admin contact for ****** should NOT be you@******.

You may need to make that change at Netsol before begining the Transfer process.

Be aware that transfers are not immediate and may take 5-10 working days.

;)

To make the transfer the smoothest your Registrant contact must have valid information in it. First Name, Last Name and Company name if applicable. Nothing should say none, na, private or the like. The administrative contact aside from not being associated with your domain name must match as well. This will make the transfer the fastest.

Once it has started keep in mind that the email coming from the losing registrar, in this case NetSol, can look like an email asking you to purchase something. Some registrars put this in the first 2 thirds of the email and at the bottom it will have transfer instructions. Once you have begun the transfer do not delete anything from NetSol until you are sure it is safe to do so.

Also, you can not transfer a domain name to a different registrar if it has expired or within 60 days of it being renewed and in some cases if you have less than 10 days until the expiration date.

The instructions may explain this, I havent read them in a while.

FYI, there is no requirement that you *must* switch to using the registrar that TCH uses - although the prices -- as George of the Jungle might say -- are pretty darn good! There are many such registrars out there, and you can compare costs and features. Some are actually authorized NetSol partners, and you can switch to them without any transfer cost.

-kw

Zeitgeist,

I am sure TCH would be happy to have you move your name over as well. I agree that this is a great place. It should say something about TCH if I was working for a company that offered hosting and gave me a free account and I still came here to host my site.

TCH Stones

The above is an understatement.

BTW, be careful of receiving letters in the mail or emails from companies warning you that it's time to renew your domain name. I've received three such letters from one such companies recently for several of my web sites. The letters all indicated that you had to renew by June 30th -- although in all three cases, the domain names were 'good' until November or December.

Additionally, you could easily be led into thinking this was simply a letter to renew your domain name, when in reality you were switching registrars. Finally, there cost was double what most registrars charge.

Just ridiculous ...

-kw