A Few General Queries ...

shriram

Hi there,

I came across your site while I was doing a search for domain name hosting. I have some questions with reference to your starter plan which I hope you'll kindly be able to answer. I tried sending a mail but didn't get any response. Hence a post in this forum :thumbup1:

1) Is there an offer for web hosting combined with a domain name booking. i.e. if I also book a domain name with you or is it still 10.95$ extra?

2) If I book a domain name from you, what are the benefits? Do you offer domain parking, unlimited url forwarding (without a banner ad), nameserver changes etc?

3) If I pay using a credit card what will be the billing cycle? Will you charge something extra apart from the monthly fee of 4$? i.e. are there any hidden charges?

4) If at all I decide to cancel, how much in advance should I let you know so that you don’t charge me for the next month?

5) I'll be using my site mainly to host my blog which is now in blogger. Can you install and configure WordPress for me? Will it be possible for you to copy my old posts from blogger to the new blog? Will it be charged ?

I know it’s a lot of questions in one go but I just wanted to know a few things before I decide to commit.

Thanks in advance :)

Best Regards,

Shriram

Hi Shriram, welcome to the forums! A few quick answers for you:

1) None of the hosting packages include a domain name. So domain name is still $10.95 a year aside from what you pay for hosting.

2) The benefits are all the same pretty much as any other domain registrar. You can change name servers, yes. Not sure what you mean by unlimited forwards. And you can park another domain, as long as it goes to the same place as your main domain does.

3) Depends on how you wish to pay. If you pay for a full year up front, then your billing cycle will be once a year. Otherwise it's once a month. I think (under the new billing system) it will probably be the first of every month if you choose monthly.

4) From the best of my knowledge, I would say give 30 days notice, but I'll let someone from TCH answer that.

5) TCH only manages the server you are on. You are responsible for installing/configuring any software that you wish to add to your account. However, there are quite a few people on these forums that use WordPress, and I'm sure they would be more than willing to help you out if you have any problems.

Hope that takes care of you. Let us know if you've got any other questions!

Welcome to the forums shriram :thumbup1:

1) Is there an offer for web hosting combined with a domain name booking. i.e. if I also book a domain name with you or is it still 10.95$ extra?

You must purchase a domain name either from Total Choice or any valid registrar to host here.

2) If I book a domain name from you, what are the benefits? Do you offer domain parking, unlimited url forwarding (without a banner ad), nameserver changes etc?
The benefit if purchasing a domain name here is the nameservers will be automaitcally configured for you. There are no banners regardless if you choose to get your domain somewhere else.

3) If I pay using a credit card what will be the billing cycle? Will you charge something extra apart from the monthly fee of 4$? i.e. are there any hidden charges?

Either monthly or annually depending on which method you sign up with. There are no hidden charges.

4) If at all I decide to cancel, how much in advance should I let you know so that you don’t charge me for the next month?
You can cancel anytime. I would allow at least a week before your billing cycle, formally you need to give 30 days notice. Although I don't think you will want to leave once you sign up. :)

5) I'll be using my site mainly to host my blog which is now in blogger.  Can you install and configure WordPress for me? Will it be possible for you to copy my old posts from blogger to the new blog? Will it be charged ?

The techs do not install and configure software you wish to run. There is a tutorial written to install Wordpress on the help site. If you run into problems the forum would be the place to request help and there are plenty of people here that will help you get it going.

I know it’s a lot of questions in one go but I just wanted to know a few things before I decide to commit.

If you need anything else to make your decision, please ask.

Thank you Aaron, Bruce & Thomas. The response was pretty quick I must admit :thumbup1:

I have already booked my domain name after reading your replies for my first two questions. So all that remains is the hosting plan.

I'll check out the wordpress tutorial on the help site.

Will let you know if i have any further questions.

Thanks again :)

Hi there,

I came across your site while I was doing a search for domain name hosting. I have some questions with reference to your starter plan which I hope you'll kindly be able to answer. I tried sending a mail but didn't get any response. Hence a post in this forum  :)

5) I'll be using my site mainly to host my blog which is now in blogger.  Can you install and configure WordPress for me? Will it be possible for you to copy my old posts from blogger to the new blog? Will it be charged ?

Thanks in advance :)

Best Regards,

Shriram

When you get ready to install WordPress, let us know. I made the switch from Blogger to WordPress a couple of months ago, and I love it! However, when I was migrating my old posts from Blogger, the WordPress functionality didn't work like it was supposed to. It brought all the posts, but not the comments. This is a WordPress issue, not a hosting or a Blogger issue.

There is a fix for it, so you can get your posts AND their comments. So, again, when you are ready for it, let us know and we'll try to help.