Web Pages Not Showing Up

HELP! I just figured out how to use Adobe GoLive (sort of) and am trying to publish my site. I had one prior, but copied it, deleted it, slightly modified it, and am now publish it with GoLive. I also uninstalled the FrontPage extensions prior to publishing.

I published to the "www" directrory using FTP through GoLive (several web pages and a folder with images).

When I type in my web address in a browser, all I get is the directory structure. I used to know what causes that to happen, but it's been many years since I've encountered it and forgot what I need to do to correct it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Blacksmith

Hi Blacksmith,

The 'homepage' will need to have a file name of 'index', and an extension of .htm, .hmtl, or .php, such as index.html

Otherwise you need to spell out the exact path to the file you want.

HTH, Tom

Well better late than never I find my way back here :)

Yep, as you found out, file name's on unix server's are case-sensitve. In the cpanel 'index manager', it must list 'index', and not 'Index' as appropiate index files.

I figured out a few years back (after being in the same situation as you were), that is is best to always use lower case file names, and don't use spaces in file names, but use the underscore _ if you need to break up a name to be easily readable.

Good Evening, Tom :)

Well better late than never I find my way back here :)

Yep, as you found out, file name's on unix server's are case-sensitve. In the cpanel 'index manager', it must list 'index', and not 'Index' as appropiate index files.

I figured out a few years back (after being in the same situation as you were), that is is best to always use lower case file names, and don't use spaces in file names, but use the underscore _ if you need to break up a name to be easily readable.

Tom is right. Actually, one of the "bennies" of Unix is that it IS case-sensative. But you have to be careful in how you use that.