Time To Give My Evaluation

About myself:

I registered my first internet domain through TCH domain name registration service 3 days ago, and had the domain name propogated a day thereafter.

I don't have any programming knowledge, as my computer knowledge is restricted to various windows based applications and simple networking.

I am a foreign student here in the U.S. (from Hong Kong), having written a 15,000 words seminar article on cybersquatting and the related legal issues. :) That's also why I want to try out registering a domain name myself!

My Comments:

TCH is the first hosting company I deal with in my life. The honest evaluation is, stable and reliable service at an unbeatable price. Since I have just started using the service for less than a week, it's not in my position to say too much if my comment is truly honest. Hosting companies in Hong Kong charge at least three times more for plans with similar specifications, not to mention that they limit the amount of e-mail accounts, subdomains and databases to one or two. They are also far less generous in giving out storage spaces and bandwiths.

My comment on support service is two-fold. I love the community here. There are such a lot of experienced yet friendly users here giving advice to newbies. Support by hosting company is satisfactory. It seems that if anybody has any questions, they should post the question to this board rather than getting a help ticket. I sent a help ticket before and I needed to wait for a day for response. I'm not blaming that service is slow or whatever. One day is indeed reasonable. But when compared to the very quick response one can get from the board (say 20 mins or so), the board really rocks! :ph34r:

The only concern I have is that when I go back to HK later this year, the server backup time will then be in daytime because of the time difference. What I think right now is that so far as TCH can keep this good service, I'll just stick with it. My website is not for commercial use anyway.

Thanks to TCH and keep up the good work :D

That's it for now. :D

We're glad you are happy here and with the services we offer.

Anyone can tell you that if you refer to a single resource, your issues will not resolve as quickly as if you can pose it to a great number. In part, that is the success of this forum and its ability to provide a quick response. I'm happy that you recognize its value and very happy that others chose to participate and chip in their knowledge and expertise as well. I think we have a very well rounded and kind family here.

And by the way, your written English is superb! I assume that your native language is Chinese, but apologize if mistaken.

Lianna

And by the way, your written English is superb! I assume that your native language is Chinese, but apologize if mistaken.

Lianna

Thanks Lianna, you are indeed one of the most dedicated support staffs here! :ph34r:

Yes my native language is Chinese (spoken language is Cantonese). I think there are still much room for improvements for both my spoken and written English, although my current level is fluent and comprehensible enough so that native English speakers don't need to scratch their heads and guess what I'm talking about! :)

Once again thanks for the service. I guess it's pretty unique for a hosting company to have a support forum like this, particularly with such a large amount of members participating? What happens in Hong Kong is that the hosting company will usually become invisible after your credit card is charged. Most of their websites and computer setups are really crappy - you'd really doubt whether they'll just take your money and abscond!! :D

schmuck,I'm a Hong Kong people too! :ph34r:

I'm happy to know there has another one who come from Hong Kong in this forum! :)

Indeed,I also concern about the backup time duo to time different(the server's local time should slower than Hong Kong time 8 or 9 hours),but I believe TCH will not do it so long.

You said you are not happy with the Hong Kong web hosting service,that's right!Their price are high and must pay for 1 year,also,they provide just 1 or 2 sub.domain and e-mail account...the worst is their poor customer service! :D They don't have a forum and they are not willing to give support in e-mail and telephone.

That's why I live in Hong Kong but I choose TCH.

schmuck,I'm a Hong Kong people too! :D

I'm happy to know there has another one who come from Hong Kong in this form! :)

Nice to meet you Karlfranz! :ph34r:

Have you experienced any significant connection problem during server backup time? I mean, it should be daytime in Hong Kong when the server does the backup job. :D

Sorry schmuck,I can't answer because I haven't start hosting service with TCH,I just register a domain name through them.I'm Form 5 so I'm facing CE exam in May!

But accroding to their server's local time,it shoud be morning to noon in Hong Kong when servers' backup,the time that most people are at school or working,you know,most people get their free time in evening and night,so it will not affect so much. :D Also, they will not do the backup job so long.

Sorry schmuck,I can't answer because I haven't start hosting service with TCH,I just register a domain name through them.I'm Form 5 so I'm facing CE exam in May!

But accroding to their server's local time,it shoud be morning to noon in Hong Kong when servers' backup,the time that most people are at school or working,you know,most people get their free time in evening and night,so it will not affect so much. :D Also, they will not do the backup job so long.

Kind of amazing that a teenager like you would subscribe to hosting service by a U.S. company, particularly that you're not living in the U.S. at the time of subscription. Anyway, as I said in my previous posts, hosting companies in Hong Kong either tend to suck or expensive, or both. Hosting with TCH should be the right choice. :)

Good luck to your coming public examination. Don't screw it up! :ph34r: